Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
over the summer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: over the summer Reply with quote

any one going anywhere nice over the summer. Razz
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: over the summer Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
any one going anywhere nice over the summer. Razz

Well if you can call Blackpool "nice" we are going there in a couple of weeks with the boys. They love it and are desperate to go. After that we will play it by ear as we are really busy this time of year.

Sooooooooooo.......... Sunny Blackpool here we come Laughing
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ive been really lucky this year with it being my 21st.
Im not long back from Tenerife with my friend, China in August and in Sept Chris is taking me to Dublin!
What about yourself?
x
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were going to head to Derbyshire again, but we think we will take time off and just camp in and around Scotland.

Would choose Scarborough over Blackpool anyday. Lots cheaper, nicer beaches (even have a beach just for the dogs), lots of walks, arcades yadda yadda yadda. Love it!

Have fun where ever you go folks!
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryl wrote:
Well Ive been really lucky this year with it being my 21st.
Im not long back from Tenerife with my friend, China in August and in Sept Chris is taking me to Dublin!
What about yourself?
x

Lucky you! Whats your secret? Robert won't leave Mishka. Hence the caravan. But I have to admit it is great fun. Very Happy
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know actually. I actually think hmmmm I dont know how I managed it!
I think it went something along the lines of......we're going or else!
And it worked.
Chris doesn't bother so much with the boys. He loves them but thinks there a bit of a hassle for him at the moment with there behavior. The more he shouts at them the more the boys play on it. Whereas Im a bit more layed back and they just seem to behave when Im there!
I luv them but I luv my holidays. Wink
Janice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz We're planning to wander up the West Coast and then go over to Dingwall. So Dale will have to get used to caravanning. The one fear I have is weather. I've never been to Mull and I'd really like to get there but any time I drag Mike west it rains. Last time we took photos of the ducks swimming beside the van, only it was a big dry field when we arrived!!
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIGHTMARE! Laughing
x
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no holidays for us Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But Emily is currently in Morocco Very Happy 37 degrees and she's trekking with a HUGE rucksack! She's not back until a week on saturday and I'm missing her already! But she will have the time of her life, she's trekking into the Todra Gorge and also the Western Sahara and staying with a local Bedouin family for a night!!!!
Maybe ......... just maybe we might manage a few days in October, but it's not looking likely at the minute.
Sheryl - China would be AMAZING! Shocked Very Happy
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know when my mum and dad paid for me to do Camp America it was a absolute fortune!
Going to China with my sis yeah cant wait its definitely somewhere different! looking forward to it!
x
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going anywhere but my mum is going to Blackpool with my brother and his dad, when he gets is time off in September. but I'm hopping to go to County Durham for a one day grooming course, so this could be a sort of Holiday cos i would have to go on Sunday the class is on the Monday and home on Tuesday. lol Razz
when i we were little used to take the dog's to Tiree they loved it. will need to take gypsy and Inca there some time Razz
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to get to use my tent Crying or Very sad

but going to La Sale in Ontario in August to visit family - don't know If would call that a holiday or not Rolling Eyes (Lindsay's family, not mine) - I miss the Dogs really badly when Im away - but at least have found kennels I am really happy with.

In the future I hope to just go where we can take the dogs - if the camping does not work out we will probably look at a caravan, we had spent a few week-ends looking at statics but the site fees were the cost of a good long haul holiday every year, before you even looked at paying for a van. From one extreme to the other - static to tent Confused

Hope everyone has a great summer - and I hope to see loads of you on the Tuesday night walks.
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
I just want to get to use my tent Crying or Very sad

but going to La Sale in Ontario in August to visit family - don't know If would call that a holiday or not Rolling Eyes (Lindsay's family, not mine) - I miss the Dogs really badly when Im away - but at least have found kennels I am really happy with.

In the future I hope to just go where we can take the dogs - if the camping does not work out we will probably look at a caravan, we had spent a few week-ends looking at statics but the site fees were the cost of a good long haul holiday every year, before you even looked at paying for a van. From one extreme to the other - static to tent Confused

Hope everyone has a great summer - and I hope to see loads of you on the Tuesday night walks.

Now Kirsty! If you will really miss the boys I have the perfect solution........................................... I will Kindly go in your place Laughing
I know I know kindness oozing out of my pores................... I really don't mind making the sacrifice for you HONEST Twisted Evil
kirsty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

If you knew what it was like when we are over there you would retract that kind offer Laughing

We stay with Lindsay's uncle who tells us the same story 3 times every day at least, god bless him. But somehow lindsay manages to look at the TV and I just think that is sooooooo rude, so I make the eye contact and end up sitting listening for up to 2 to 3 hours at a time.

The really good part is when his auntie comes over to visit us while we are staying and she is as deaf as a post. So you are talking about one thing and she is answering you about something totally different, the whole family kinda ignore her, and again I think this is soooooo rude so I spend 2 to 3 hours in this comic situation. with everyone in another corner of the room winking at me and giving me the thumbs up

After a couple of days of this, I wish some creature from the deep would come and gnaw my leg off to distract me from my frustration Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I keep telling myself I am never going back again, but then I see how lindsay frets about his uncle and worries that this year might be the last and I cave in. This year it was actually me who suggested we book the flights - Im getting soft in my old age.

You still wanna go?
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.................................. YIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I wait for Robert I will be like the Aunt and Uncle put together
Laughing

He won't leave Mishka. He would be the one fretting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: