Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Dog Borstal....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Dog Borstal.... Reply with quote

...remember it's on tonight, and repeated on Thursday nights! Very Happy

I loved the comment from Mick last week about the overweight Mastiff bitch..... "The only one who can't see that that dog is overweight is Stevie Wonder..." - Brilliant! What a classic! Laughing Very Happy
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gona watch huskie movie, will have to catch db on Thursday
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch it tonight?

I had a gut feeling that the American Bulldog would end in disaster. Sad

The Greyhound and Lakeland Terrier both did great though. Smile
Mary
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Dog Borstal Reply with quote

Yes Nicola - me too - and I won't say anything more ......

Loved Tess and the Greyhound.

Danny & Jack are improving rapidly - had booked vet but cancelled as the spasms had stopped.
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean about the American bull dog. i know the strength of them, we have one the comes to the kennels he was fine but then i think i must have shown weakness because now he goes for the lead and doesn't let go, i had him on the ground and ha still wouldn't leave it. but they are lovely big dogs.
you could see the pain the trainer was going through just suggesting the option.

Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was painful to watch. However, I was glad the trainer had the courage to get them to face the truth. I was just surprised that they had had the dog from a puppy. It must have been so spoiled for so long. I hope they get a more manageable dog and get some training from the start next time.
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wish people would do a wee bit of reasearch before getting a dog, you know, what it was used for originally etc. would maybe save a lot of heartbreak. i was in tears last nite watching. american bull dogs can be such lovely dogs, all the ones ive met have been really sweet.
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Borstal Reply with quote

Mary wrote:
Yes Nicola - me too - and I won't say anything more ......

Loved Tess and the Greyhound.

Danny & Jack are improving rapidly - had booked vet but cancelled as the spasms had stopped.

Glad Danny and Jack are getting better, and it's good that it's cleared up on it's own with them, better than antibiotics. Smile How did Danny enjoy his birthday tea?! Very Happy I hope Jack got a share!
Mary
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Dog Borstal Reply with quote

The birthday was a quiet affair as they were recovering from their coughs and sneezes. Danny managed to force down his fish and of course Jack helped him as Danny helps Jack with his in February!!! A game of 'seek sweets' soon sorted out the tripe sticks and jerky. We couldn't even walk with our pals in case they caught the lurgy!!

8 years old - seems like only yesterday - there getting all puppy broody again...... Rolling Eyes
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dog Borstal Reply with quote

Mary wrote:
The birthday was a quiet affair as they were recovering from their coughs and sneezes. Danny managed to force down his fish and of course Jack helped him as Danny helps Jack with his in February!!! A game of 'seek sweets' soon sorted out the tripe sticks and jerky. We couldn't even walk with our pals in case they caught the lurgy!!

8 years old - seems like only yesterday - there getting all puppy broody again...... Rolling Eyes

Glad they both enjoyed Danny's birthday tea, Mary. Smile

I know what you mean about it feeling like it's on yesterday since you got them......Molly is 5 next year and I remember the day we got her like it was yesterday. Doesn't time fly by! Confused
Elaine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat down to watch with my stomach in knots cause the presenter hinted sommit was going to happen, it was a shame but I think the family already knew themselves he was gonna be aggresive and needed support to help with their decision in the end.
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendal, whats happened to your avatar??????????????? Confused
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know, i can see it it went funny earlier but i thought it was back to normal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: