Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Crating Puppies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the crates both of mine sleep in them I used them for toilet training at night and through the day when i was teaching both of them, I used them when the puppies got too big for their whelping box and them and Dora needed space. When I was toilet training them I put them in the crate, if I was out and wanted them safe and not to do the toilet I crated them and I crated for no longer than 4 hrs (apart from at night) which is what all the literature you get with them and in books and online suggest. I think I will always have the crates as their beds as they happily go in them at night or in the morning after they have had their morning pee, and if I have people in like tradesmen, gas/electric people, and even small kids who are a bit excitable and get the dogs too excited they are great as I can just put them in the crates and shut the door, that way they are safe, they don't get under anyones feet or in the way of people and it lets kids say hi and clam down before I bring out the dogs to say hi. Funny thing is Lizzy crys if you don't shut the door of her crate guess she is just used to it like that, Dora is not so bothered she doesn't mind either way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: