Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
nature diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheryl
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what they said in the programme Cassandra!! They would only be ill for a while!

The things about pregnant woman! Some of it I dont see how it would make a difference but I would never tempt fate! In this case if the doctors say stay clear then I certainly will.
x
Janice
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

Sorry I can't tell you the Westies details. We met up in the vets in Blairgowrie so it was a while ago.

But I did talk to the vet here and he's not keen on raw. He says he sees too many sick dogs on it. Also spoke to the woman I got Dale from and she says she's studied diet because she had a dog with problems and again she's advising against changing to raw. I'm afraid I don't buy the argument that all vets are making money out of pet food. When Sam was ill they said they could get a special diet in for him but they thought it was a rip off and if I preferred I 'd be better off making my own. which I did. They also sent me to Boots for green lipped muscle because it was cheaper than they could supply.

I know you'd disagree. I'm just getting more unsure the more I hear. I'm inclined to think dogs were probably existing on human left overs for the last few centuries so maybe I should just offer him the same as us. He'd certainly like it.

Dale's started eating a bit again. Between what he eats in his bowl and what he's taking in his ball he must be eating over half his usual. Just trying to be picky I think. Mike had him out this morning and discovered he'd work for James Wellbeloved treats but spat out anything else!!! I might try cooking myself for him but not until he gives up his protest. Rolling Eyes

Dale really has been so good on JW that I do think it suits him. Two meals two poos and no upsets. The only time he was a bit soft was when I used liver as a reward and I didn't think he'd had that much. Any we're going away in another week so I don't want to change his routine too much just now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: