Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Diet and nutrition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaelle
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Diet and nutrition Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a question, young Cuthbert (6 months old) who has tried eating everything in the house at one time or other has,ever since he demolished a waste paper basket, got a very sensitive digestion. At present he is taking Chappie complete chicken and rice twice a day and porridge once a day. If I give him too much food (complete) or anything else like cold ham for training treats or food with higher protein level he gets either hyperactive or has diarrhoea and most times both!! Makes life quite difficult at times. I have thought about getting him a raw bone but can't find anyone who can give me one. Any suggetstions please?
Gaelle
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get raw bones for you no problem Gaelle. Smile Or Morrisons supermarkets have great wee rib bones for about 30p!!!!!!!!
Try him on a little raw mince and see how he goes ............ may be worth a try. Oddly enough contrary to what you may initially think, feeding raw meat daily contains LESS protein that complete dog foods. Also with it not having any additives there is less likelihood of causing an upset.

Sometimes it's trial and error finding what suits your dog best. With ours raw has been the best for them. Sheryls two dogs had digestive problems and has settled on using Burns complete food.
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the butcher in the town centre would have bones for you and also the butcher at Condorrat does but they can be quite big. They have rib bones in Tesco butcher dept possibly a bit dearer but still under £2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: