Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Photo's of your Christmas trees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allison
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the picture of our tree at last. Jack posing looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. He'll do anything for a biscuit but nothing without one! He was drooling. Look at the carpet.

Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of our wee tree

[url=]tree[/url]
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely trees ladies! Very Happy ................ Allison the wet drips are a lovely feature!!!! Laughing
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fkkkkkn pissed off folks.

came home from work (shock to the system anyway), Hungry, Tierd, Grumpy - and decided that if the tree did not go up tonight, there was no point putting it up - irrational I know.

anyway............I have one of these 7ft numbers, each branch goes seperately in a colour code system. last year it took me 5 hours to assemble and dress the tree Rolling Eyes

After 45 mins of laying all the branches out in bundles according to the colour coding, I got to the main centre stock - NO FKN BASE AND ONE OF THE CENTRE STALKS IS MISSING.

In a state of extreme exasperation I considered the options: go up into unlit, unfloored loft and find the poly bag (which I now remembered I put the base into) .... or ..... go to tesco and buy another tree.

Went to tesco, bought the only tree they had - got it unwrapped - ITS ONLY GOT TWO LEGS ON THE BASE AND NO BRANCHES AT THE BACK - ITS A CORNER TREE Shocked Shocked Shocked

Put it up anyway and opened out all the branches ....looks like sh!t - will be taking THAT back tomorrow.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Really not having a good tree day
brenda
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of your trees are great.
Brenda
Lindy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty i got a lovely tree from Asda yesterday pretty cheap and really nice and full only took a couple of hours to put it up dress it and put the rest of my dec's up, you should go and have a look tomorrow, also B&Q have their trees on sale now
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got ours from a garden centre - it's a real tree!

Which is mre popular now real or artificial?
kirsty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
We got ours from a garden centre - it's a real tree!

Which is mre popular now real or artificial?

Mike - too frightened of the ghost of uncle peter!!! - its a long story posted on another thread Shocked
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty ................ I'm sorry but your post made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A corner tree????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing
linsey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... I am very nearly outta Xmas spirit... Almost 3 hours it took me to get this tree up!!! 3 HOURS!!!!

But it is up now and it does look rather lovely... I'm going to have a cuppa and sit and admire it - try and get some festive spirit back!!!

I've done a wee zoom in to the fairy - I like her but sometimes she concerns me cos i think she looks a bit too "saint like"!!!

Some of the lights are still a bit skew-wiff but i honestly can't take any more... my next xmas tree will be a wee prelit, pop-up, three foot effort Very Happy

Lx

Magz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not doing the whole tree thing this year a step to far for our little chew monster, I have put christmas lights on the fish tank though, although they don't seem to impressed. I will have to go in to the cupboard for the rest of the decorations but not looking forward to moving all of Williams tools to get them. Confused
kendal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty see when you take the big tree down with the color coded branches, get some polly bags and put them in there. it means that all the one color is together and they pack away easier and its quicker to sort out when you next put it up.
(i like packing away the Xmas stuff as much as putting it up, its all the sticky tape i get to use) Very Happy Laughing

Lorna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty, Pick up some St. Emilion if you go yo ASDA. You deserve it. Your tree sounds like mine. I kept the big box and repack it all backwards to the order it goes up so in theory it all come pout in the order I need to put it up. Gremlins in the box definitely switched it round this year. ANd some of the coloured spots on the centre piece fell off so it was hard to figure out which colour went where, the odd broken connection later... much later... It looks fine. One bottle of ST Emilion and I felt fine again.

Basil Just ate the Belgian chocolate Xmas log we were to have after lunch today... Upset tummy...

PS Guess what the plumber didn't arrive on Thursday or Friday so I think I am going to become a drunk before Xmas arrives.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
kirsty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice folks.

THE TREE IS UP!!!! went to B&Q and bought a base for a real tree and it worked on my artificial tree. took almost 4 hours to put it together and decorate it. but it is a lovely tree and it looks spectacular.

Lorna, poor Basil. I bet he enjoyed it at the time. We left a huge toblerone on the dinning room table this week and all that was left when we came back was a tiny bit of silver paper and the triangular cardboard wrapper - and chocolate is so toxic to dogs - couldnt say 100% which dog done the dastardly deed - but my moneys on big bob Wink

Hope your workies turn up next week. If you need to put anything in my oven feel free. I am not cooking or entertaining till the 26th honestly just come up. In fact im out on xmas day, if you need to just come up to my place and cook.
Lorna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the tree is up Kirsty. Thanks for the offer re cooking. BUT Plumber came today. YIPEE!!
I have water and gas. Cooker and sink working. Hurray!!

I think all your Xmas trees are brilliant guys.

I now need to sort out unwrapped prezzies. Because of my hands I can't wrap so I get Big Xmas bags and I shred bright shiny xmas paper to fill them. I hide the prezzies in amongst the shredded paper. Everyone has fun rummaging for their prezzies. There is always something tiny hidden. It makes a mess but it is fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: