Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Basics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashley
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Basics Reply with quote

Oh not been on here in a while, been up North working Shocked Sad

Glad to be home and getting back to training Holly. While I have been away Jd has attended two Puppy School classes with her, and I'll be at them this Thurs thankfully.
She sits 99% of the time, has good recall already, brings her toy back when its thrown for her (unless she doesnt want to play and just wants to chew), but what I cannot for the life of me get her to do is lie down... i've tried everything i can think of, from trying to physically make her lie down, from holding the treat on the floor so she feels more comfortable getting it if she lays down - but this doesnt work since she is so small, to lying on the floor myself to get her to lie with me, and trying to make her go under my leg for the treat..... but she prefers to jump OVER my leg. I dread to think what other commands are to come if we cant bloomin get her to lie down hahaha Rolling Eyes Laughing All ideas welcome!!

Other than that though she is well... great wee personality emerging... her poos are almost normal (still a tiny bit soft...but im not sure what consistency puppy poos should be)... we have her on james wellbeloved at the mo, and are planning to introduce some raw meat in gradually. Thank you EVERYONE for your advice and help... I can see I'm going to like it here Very Happy
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't worry to much about her non doing the down it took me ages to get Inca to do it, i remember being told at one point that she might be to small to do it as she was still very Young, how old is holly.

sound like you are both having good fun i cant Waite to meet her. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: