Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
I think Ive broken my laptop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: I think Ive broken my laptop? Reply with quote

Can anyone with a bit of computer know how help!

I knocked a cup of tea over and it splashed onto my lap top. I quickly turned it over so that if any liquid went into the keyboard, it could hopefully find its way out.
I switched it off and left it for a day and switched it back on. The mouse didnt work and a couple of the keys were reading gibbilty goup! I left it again and yesterday I switched it on and everything seemed to be fine and in working order.

Today, 3 days since the spill/splash I switch it on, and all the letters seem to be working, with the exception of 2, I of which is a letter of my password.
So now when I turn it on, I can't get any further because I can type in my password correctly.

Any advice? I once dropped my phone in the bath, it was beyond repair! Sad
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you take the keys off Carol? Without damaging it further obviously Laughing
If so taking the keys that aren't working off and clean underneath with a cotton bud with some alcohol on it. Worth a try.

I also know that keyboards (pc ones that is) can be put in the dishwasher to repair them after spillages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True, it works!
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I know a couple of people that have used a hair dryer on low heat on keys just to dry them out and it has worked! Don't know how safe this is though!! Laughing

I've done this with my phone in the past and they've been fine!! Very Happy
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marcella that worked a treat, I was beginning to think damage beyond repair.

They say things come along in 3's, so hopefully "the tea spill over laptop" was no. 3 as last week I was involved in a car accident and my lovely graphics that John put on my van will have to be replace, that is if/ when my van is repaired, Its been in the garage since last Friday and Im still waiting to hear. That was No.1, No.2 was someone unknown hacked into my ebay account, changed all my details and purchased £500 worth of stuff, luckly I managed to change my paypal password before they paid for it all with my money!

Life is Fun!
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol ................ glad it worked. Sorry to hear about your lovely van Sad Hope you are unhurt?

Well my week is going swimmingly too ........... Sunday my tumble dryer broke, then I got a letter telling me one of my customers went into liquidation still owing me for 3 vans that I'd done in November for them, my pc seems to have a virus that my software isn't picking up on, then my washing machine has just packed in this morning!
StuartW
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
my pc seems to have a virus that my software isn't picking up on

OK, so no-one open any emails from Marcella!!!
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: