Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Agility Border Collie needing a new home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Agility Border Collie needing a new home Reply with quote

This is a very sad story...

There is a girls (about 25) that has been coming to the clear run agility training since Jan 2007. Her Border Collie bitch, age 2 1/2 ( I think), sandy colour, is the most lovely, gentle, friendly and obedient dog and is working at beginner/ Novice agility level and loves playing with a ball etc. The dog has never been any bother in the training classes and has no problem with other dogs.

So you maybe wondering why she is wanting to rehome her dog.
She lives with her parents, and her older sister has came back to the family home to live with her small toddler child, that was a few months ago. The Border Collie, has suddenly taken a dislike to the child, (you probably won't need 3 guesses to work that one out) and her parents have said she must get rid of her dog. She is extremely heart broken, but if possible would like her to go to and obedience home and if possible for the person to carry on with her agility training. Of course the home would need to have no young children.

Not got any photographs yet, but will try get some.

Hope someone can help
Carol
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so sad. There are ways in which this problem could be overcome. Some people see dogs as so disposable, what would they do if they had to introduce two young children who had taken a dislike to one another, get rid of one of the children!!!!!!
Emma*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they tell the other sister to get her own place Very Happy
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Im sure there are many ways that this problem could be tackled, but were not her shoes. I would say rehoming is the very last option, she is a very sensible person and I think she has no choice because its the parents who look after the dog when she is at work.

C
Margaret J
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What age is the dog. My sister is looking at getting a dog and intends to take it to agility she stays over at Bellahouston (as far as i recall you run classes in this area).

she lives alone and is in need of the companionship. she does work but my mum is on hand to look after the dog.
carol
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manage to get her, the border collie, a home, I had a feeling she would be re homed quickly as she is such a lovely dog. Also know of a boxer pup ( around 5 months old) needing a new home as owner who got the dog before Christmas has realised that there is more to looking after a dog than he thought... and now does not want it.

C
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Carol!

Thats awful for the little boxer, people will never learn that a puppy/dog takes so much work!! Evil or Very Mad
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Sad
The people acress from us have got another Boxer puppy, after leaving the last one out all day which died at only about 2/3 ish, whatever happened to it I dont know, but it used to drive my dogs mad all day running up and down its fence line Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: