Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
kiera update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magz
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: kiera update Reply with quote

kiera has been acting up recently and the other night snapped at my hubby when he was putting her in her crate as he clapped her backside, had been worrying about her but I was thinking it might be her going into season, i was right she has started spotting this morning, this means another blooming delay in coming to training and going on walks Crying or Very sad but at least her change in mood was due to going into season and nothing worse Very Happy
just wondered if anyone thinks 9 months is early for a collie, plus she still isn't full collie size yet but perhaps she is just going to be a small dog Confused

anyway any advice would be welcome as this is only the second time I have dealt with this and looking for more hints and tips as last time I just winged it. Embarassed
shirley c

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear its just her season making her play up. No i think 9 mths is ok, is a bit early but they can come into season at this age so I wouldnt worry Smile

Hope to see you once the 3 wks is up Smile
Magz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers shirley puts my mind at rest, by luck since she has been acting funny I have not been letting her off lead as she has been doing the typical collie down when other dogs have been near. she refuses to move until the dogs have passed. Poor wee baby so young and still just a puppy and having to go through this. Its now the going on walks that scares me, With sophie I kept her confined to just playing in the garden and I am not sure this would actually benefit Kiera as she is always full of energy and needs her walks which on average is 2 45 minute walks and then a couple of 10 minute ones a day. I reckon as long as I am on guard and only walk my usual route which is generally where all the dogs we meet are on lead that I could keep her far enough away from dogs to keep her safe. But I am so unsure wether that is the right thing to do.
Dan McK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tess is having her 1st season and she's only 7 months old.
Ashley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Holly is coming into hers and she's 6 months old. I will still take Holly out on walks, on lead, and I guess it is just a case of being extra vigilant! We dont have a back garden you see Sad Confused
Dan McK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have a back garden, but Tess still gets walked at least once a day, albeit on an extenda leash. We where just starting to make headway on combating her prey drive, hope it doesnt set her back when she starts getting off again.
Magz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is all the in heat girlies doing, kiera is a moddy so and so, been restricting her to just playing in the garden due to the fact that there are too many off lead entire males in my surrounding area and even though she does go out with her pants on it is too close for comfort and I couldn't risk an accident with her. she isn't happy with the pants we got her an tends to pull them off then hide them Laughing smart wee girl even if frustrating. anyways hope everyone else is doing well.
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixel is back to normal now, and glad to be getting out her walks again, in saying that she isnt really a problem, not needing the same excercise as collies or JRTs, not that she enjoys not getting out, she has been needing out a big run for a while now Rolling Eyes
Magz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am missing my walks with kiera, as soon as I get home from the school run she sits at the front door whining and looking at the leads hanging up by the door. there are only so many hours of throwing a ball in the garden I can take, seriously she would do this all day if I let her Wink I have started on training her to fetch dirty washing in the kids room for somthing else to do. If anyone wishes a cleaning dog to hire for a few hours give me a call Laughing
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that sounds a great idea Very Happy
Magz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only she could use a blooming mop she could clean up after herself Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: