Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Exasparated!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Exasparated!! Reply with quote

I have had an awful weekend with Millie first one yet even when she was a little puppy I have never had problems like this!!! Rolling Eyes

On Friday I came home from work to find out that Millie had bitten my cat Kraker over food!!
We know that she is very possesive over food so always try to keep her out of the room when we are feeding the cats as she normally growls at them so they let her have it, but my sister had took Millie through on the lead to take her out and she managed to get away from her to the cat!
Saturday I never really seen her as she was with my mum and sister for the day but played up a bit with them!!
Sunday at Training she was just a nightmare, you would never believe that outside she can walk to heel and stay on command!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

And then this morning when I took her a walk through the woods she was off the lead never something I have any problems with she is mostly excellent at her recall!! But she decided that she wanted to play with another dog she had spotted, and refused to come back it took me 15 mins before I eventually got her to stay and went and got her!! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the rant but I deffinetly needed it!! Embarassed I don't know whats going on with her but I'm at a loss with what to do!!!!!
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she's just reaching her teenage years Nikki ............. she's wanting to rebel!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep the rules plain and simple for her and she'll get there. But as with all Collies, she's very smart and will keep you on your toes!!!!
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though as much, just couldn't believe she bit the cat!!! Evil or Very Mad Just when they were getting on so well!!! Now Kracker won't go near her again, can't say I blame her though!! Laughing
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, we're seeing all that as well.

I had a few bad recalls, got a wee growl when I went near Otto when he was eating and also when he refused to go to his bed.

The long line went back on for the recall, he got a sharp no and swiftly dragged by the collar to his bed and with the food, I went up to his bowl and put some chicken in it a few times to let him see that me coming near him was a good thing.

It hasn't happened again.

He's also discovered that he's a guard dog and is barking a lot more - we just say thank you for alerting us to next door's car and tell him to lie down and don't react to it.

He's just at it - just teaching him that I don't really care what he has to say about things, it's my house Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: