Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Apologies/Pack Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Apologies/Pack Order Reply with quote

First and foremost can I apologize to those who were on walk and bumped into me and my two Sad Had I realized this is where you'd be I would have gone later or another way. To all dogs/owners especially Emily who got trampled and barged by Bear boy Embarassed Embarassed As he displayed perfectly these are the reasons for him requiring training Sad over excited and not showing manners when trying to say hello, just barrels in to get to play. Embarassed
On a positive note my loony dog was relatively for her quite sane so very unlike her maybe she's ill almost like normal dog. She is likely to go ape when meeting new people/dogs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Finally did anyone else notice when John took his lead he immediately started to behave, was just like when you see Caesar on the TV but seeing it in the flesh was SUPERB Cool Cool Thank you John, proves pack order really works and how much dogs pick up on energy Very Happy Sorry Marcella but you need to practise more Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jenny!.......no apology needed! it was lovely to see you out with bear and tala,.(hope i have the name right!)

i wanted to come over and see them but john had said that tala wasn't too fond of other dogs!

i just love bear and would love to walk him but i know i would struggle unless he was wearing a prong!...........whereas in a secured area i would justl lol and roll about with the big boy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

i am going to load up a youtube of a few newfies as i said to marcella about the helicopter stint and she was interested!

hope to see you soon!

janis
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Janis for you tube clips, I really need pc course Embarassed
Bear loves you too as you make fuss of him and would oblige rolling anytime he got the chance Laughing Laughing Maybe I can meet you someday and you can walk him-no power walk Shocked Bear only does amble. Honestly he is normally very good ,not sure about prong due his turkey neck (probably rust with drool) and if he acts up using his collar higher up keeps him under control. As Caesar does if you have control of head the rest of them is also easier to manage. Have tried halti but he's in between sizes so need to get customized one just for him Sad

Yes you got Tala's name right but unfortunately she has issues with everything Crying or Very sad Embarassed humans and animals alike and is getting worse the older she gets, be 8 in summer
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7t-_lOEPU&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SoRYgIjpbLA&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RDe8Z94HUXI&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g_D6jnk4lj8&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cYl8SYNuaKQ&NR=1http://uk.youtube.com/watch?

v=W9N5kDSeRJM&feature=relahttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSgAzzR7_8&feature=relatedted
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jenny something something bear and i have in common!!!!!!!!!!!!...............neither of us power walk!............like bear i am built for comfort and not for speed!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

as for tala i thought she was only about 3or 4 not 8!!!!!!!!!! she still looks young from what i could see of her and the avatar!

i would be more than willing to meet up for an amble round the loch!

i have loaded a variery of clips from youtube! love to show the soft side with the baby and the rat/mouse and the strength of this breed!
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

when Bear decided to go over and say hello when I was holding his lead, I was NOT prepared for what it's like for an excited 15 stone dog to drag me with him! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
I could not believe the strength......... and the worst thing is, he was only hopping across to say hello, he wasn't even pulling!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I know you said just to raise my voice and tell him no, but I was so gobsmacked by the sheer brute strength he had I just let him take me!!!

I'm having another shot ...........! Next time we will arrange to meet up and I WILL take the Bear on! Wink
Tala was fine last night. Smile A short burst with the other dogs will only do her good. Hopefully we can manage a walk again!
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm up for walking with bear and tala!..................at a bears pace of course!!!! Very Happy
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no apologies needed Jenny.........nice to bump into the three of you.

A group from the dog school is the best group to bump into on a walk......everyone understands.

I thought Tala did well........from your description I was expecting fireworks when she came near the other dogs. She wasn't keen on me getting too close but over time that will improve.......especially if I have some treats handy Smile

It might be worth joining up with us to walk part of Broadwood........just to get Tala more used to it? I think getting dogs moving in the same direction rather than meeting head on is for less likely to cause any confrontation.

Thanks for the compliment about me walking Bear Embarassed
Ashley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed big Bear?!?!?! Sad
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JennyMc wrote:
Thanks Janis for you tube clips, I really need pc course Embarassed
Bear loves you too as you make fuss of him and would oblige rolling anytime he got the chance Laughing Laughing Maybe I can meet you someday and you can walk him-no power walk Shocked Bear only does amble. Honestly he is normally very good ,not sure about prong due his turkey neck (probably rust with drool) and if he acts up using his collar higher up keeps him under control. As Caesar does if you have control of head the rest of them is also easier to manage. Have tried halti but he's in between sizes so need to get customized one just for him Sad Yes you got Tala's name right but unfortunately she has issues with everything Crying or Very sad Embarassed humans and animals alike and is getting worse the older she gets, be 8 in summer

Have you ever tried a Dogmatic?? They are fabulous.. and do in betweeen sizes, they are better than a Halti as they do't ride up into the eyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS THIS THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT LOUISE?

http://www.dogmatic.org.uk/
Emma*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He he just reading this thread...no need for apologies Jenny.

I shouldn't laugh but Lady Sh*t herself Laughing Laughing not literally Confused

but the reaction from my two when bear came across was like Shocked Shocked Shocked BEAR!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's because lady and sky don't see other dogs bigger than them!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis wrote:
IS THIS THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT LOUISE?

http://www.dogmatic.org.uk/

Yes thats them.. they are great...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We missed Bear! Oh B*****r.
Basil loves walking with Trish's Girl. I think he and Bear would be happier out on a walk or in the burn or loch getting soaked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: