Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Is Jaws ok? :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patricia
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Is Jaws ok? :( Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

I'm a bit worried about Jaws... Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I tought I'd ask you guys anyway.

Jaws is not as lively as usual and seems tired. He's eating and drinking ok, he runs about during the walks, he doesn't have a swollen tummy, he's not been sick, his coat is nice and shiny, he doesn't have a temperature... but I don't know... When we're at home, he just seems dead tired and doesn't play that much with me anymore. Sometimes, he just stands head down for ages... He's been like that for a few days now.

Is there something wrong with him ?

Thank you for your help...

Patricia
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know but maybe when he is out he tires himsel he just wants to rest indoors!

have you tried having a puppy friend come to the house to see if he is just as lethargic?................maybe he would like a sibling!

i know that my gypsy would be a very quiet puppy/dog if she didn't have inca!
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an expert, but if he's eating and drinking and pooing, he's probably ok, but ask the vet if you're unsure.

However, there was a Dog Borstal episode where a woman was finding it difficult to get her dog to interact with her. He didn't even look at her, and the advice was to get him excited in her.

She was very quiet and didn't find being silly that easy, but it did work. Her dog just saw her a food provider and she had to switch the dog on to see her a fun provider.

We have to do that with Otto outside - play hide and seek, cycle or throw sticks for him from time to time otherwise he'd be far more interested in sniffing than us and harder to control. Fortunately I like climbing trees and diving about in long grass haha

He needs to see us as being a key part of the experience, not just the ones who take him there. dunno, just a thought.

But dogs do sleep a lot, specially younger ones.
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, once dogs have been on the hunt (out for a walk) and have eaten their kill (out of their bowl) they should be resting, thats how it works in nature.

Sometimes I get worried with dodge as he is a bit subdued but he comes out of it as soon as his leash is produced. I think he can be a bit huffy at times

Bob is a lethargic big lazy dog in the house anyway.

But any changes in behavior are worrying. He is maybe just a bit bored or down -
Lindy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patricia

Am I right in thinking Jaws is nearly one now? He sounds in good enough health it may be that he is just tired out form his walks and is sleepy whenh he comes home. Janis is right about a dog pal as if we only had Dora she would sleep all the time and only run about on walks as she just loves curling up in her bed or on your knee. Also try playing games like Suzanne said maybe he needs a bit of stimulation from you at home, but don't push it if he's tired as he'll just get fed up. Good luck but don't worry he sounds pretty healthy sometimes they just go through wee phases when they are growing up just like us. Very Happy
Patricia
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies everybody. Smile Jaws was a bit more active yesterday, and more cuddly as well. He'll be a year old on 23rd March, and I guess he's just loosing his puppy crazyness a bit. Smile I know I shouldn't worry as much about my boy, but I can't help it. Lol !

Patricia
Gaelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone there. I think we all worry about our pets! It goes with the territory I guess.

I am glad he is on the mend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: