Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
worming tablets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne, I do hear what you are saying.

I am more careful with the dogs and the cat than I am with myself.

I take antihistamine regularly and everyday in the summer. I suffer from really bad hayfever and am seriously allergic to my cat and have asthma like symptoms whenever she comes near my face - any sane person would not have a cat in the house Shocked
I have taken anti malarial tablets a few times in my life (though not always when recommended, but in some parts of the world not to take them could have been fatal)
and my most hated treatment is DEET which I have used while traveling in India and Kenya.

On the other hand I have let infection run through my body rather than go to the doctors as I don't want yet another course of anti biotics and although on these occasions it has taken a long time, my body has eventually fought off the infection - I make the same choices in many circumstances for myself as I do for the dogs - keep it natural. Of course I am human and do have a weakness - diet iron bru Shocked full of additives.

But I think the low life expectancy of dogs in the wild is more to do with broken bones not being seen to, broken teeth preventing the animals from feeding. Wounds not being dealt with and no antibiotics to deal with infection.
Not because the dogs are not being fed JWB or Burns, or not being vaccinated or wormed.

It is all personal choice and I do respect every ones right to choose - I know everyone on this forum makes the choices they do for the very best reasons - we all love our dogs.
Lynn Scott
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne H wrote:

The one thing I did reconsider was the flea treatment though - am in a quandary because I can't stand the thought of fleas.

Hi Suzanne

I don't use flea/tick medication here in the UK, but always used Program(me) tablets overseas - worked very well, and I much preferred that than Frontline!

Lynn
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have to resort to antibiotics once a year for sinus/ear infections related to my allergies.

I blame Falkirk - a year of working next to an oil seed rape farm and 2 hours a day in among car fumes and I have been plagued ever since!!

Otto's got flaky bits on his ears - he shares my evening primrose oil. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: