Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
How Many Chances?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma*
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorna that is where you and I agree.

When i visit my dad, his eldest dog recently passed was in alot of pain with arthritis and other ailments and used to snap at the children. I was forever on my toes and all my step-mum would say is, he would never bite them he is just warning them off!!
I have to disagree and even crate my 2 when my nephew comes and never leave the children unattended with the girls,you can never be too safe!
Lorna
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally Emma. I love my dogs but safety must be first with children. Avoid any situation which could be a problem before it happens.
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog next door to my Gran has bitten her, and I know of another two people he has bitten, but none of us would like to see him destroyed. He snaps...he doesn't 'attack' or go in for the kill, if that makes sense and I feel that his behaviour is not all his fault. Similarly, my Mum's Yorkie has bitten me, but I completely blame myself, as he is a dog which suffers from nervous aggression, and I ignored all the signs he was giving me to leave him be, and tried to drag him from behind the couch when he was incredibly upset about visitors in the house.

I think it is really hard, as I am sure that there MUST be situations where the dog really is not to blame for snapping/biting. With my pup, I really don't think that I would have him euthanised for one bite, maybe I am wrong, but I think it also depends on the severity of the attack - I mean if he were to seriously hurt another dog, or a person then I would have to think about it as I probably couldn't trust him again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: