Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
RAW diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both girls got RAW mince for dinner tonight and they loved it so they are getting it tomorrow night, have some tripe for them for Sat and beef and kidney too so have a little stock happening now, once the other pup goes home I'll make an order with the club suppliers and get them really atarted. Very Happy
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Lindy,

I know the feeling you will have had putting down the first raw meal..all sorts of emotions and worries.then you dog looks up and in their eyes you can see them say....'real food, thanks'

My best advice to keep costs down is a freezer or freezer space...makes life a lot easier.
you soon get into the routine of feeding and taking the next meal out of the freezer to defrost (covered with cling film to avoid flies!).
The extra work is more than out weighed by the health benefits......plus for me it works out cheaper to feed raw........for 2 GSD's I pay around £35.00 for enough food to last between 6 to 8 weeks...I think that is pretty cheap. A months food for less than a tenner!

look for rib bones( for making stock) in Morissons....pot luck if they have them out...you get 4 or 5 for less than 30p........plenty meat on them too. You will get more inventive as you gain confidence.

I was guilty of over analysing things at first but over time everything balances out.

I could never go back to feeding a commercial diet
Lindy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question about it John they love it and I'm sure will benefit from it and me aswell, I have a drawer in the freezer for them and am stocking up will be at butchers on sat getting bones and tripe etc, because thye are small and only need about 200g a day it's going to work out really cheap for me but I'm not too bothered about the cost just want them healthy and happy.
Isabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lindy
When we first got doogle we fed him a complete dog food and he had dry, flaky skin. We switched to a raw diet and his skin is fine now, and he loves it! I'm sure its cheaper than dog food too. Laughing
Sheryl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to be negative about it at all,

I'm stopping it after 3 nights!

Unfortunately it doesn't agree with their tummy's, my two are really really sensitive and the only thing that works or seems to work is burns.

they were sick yesterday morning but never thought anything of it and last night after they got it after their walk keano was sick and had a huge upset tummy and coby just had a wee upset tummy!
the only thing that's changed is me feeding them raw!!

xx
Lindy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind at least you tried, maybe you need to just intorduce it slowly like a wee bit of raw mince in their burns to give them the benefits of both and a wee marrow bone each now and again for their teeth and gums, oh and a raw egg once a week for their coat too, that way they get something tasty in their burns most nights buut you are not completey RAW.....just a thought!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: