Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Dog Fun Day in Ayrshire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laramoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Dog Fun Day in Ayrshire Reply with quote

Hi,
The Veterinary Physiotherapy Clinic is opening a canine hydrotherapy pool and to promote this is hosting a Dog Fun Day fundraiser for the Greyhound Awareness League (GAL). Date is August 2nd, 12-4. There will be demos from Heather Smith (heelwork to music), the Kirkintintilloch & District Dog Training Display Team, Q&A with dog trainer Alasdair Bunyan. Stands from dogfood companies, an animal psychic, ask-the-vet, therapet dogs, Wizard of Paws, GAL & SSPCA. There will also be a raffle for GAL. prizes from free hydro, training session with Heather Smith, dog food, vouchers etc.
See www.veterinaryphysiotherapyscotland.co.uk for directions or contact www.gal.org.uk for further info (I'll be away most of July, but you could email me) . I know this is a wee bit out of the way for you, but it should be a good day, especially if lots of people turn up. It's closer than Irvine beach, and I've seen a few of you there! Bring kids & dogs along & tell all your doggy friends! If anyone wants to volunteer to help distribute leaflets, let me know...
Lara
Ashley
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

Noticed this is your only post! It would be much appreciated by all if you could introduce yourself in the appropriate section of the forum. Just so we could relate more to you and then, since the event is rather out our way, people would be more likely to attend! Smile

Welcome to the forum.
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Lara. Smile
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lara did email me and ask if she could post up details of this event.
Ashley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, an introduction is always nice! Wink
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lara, the fun day sounds quite good, may head out there then but I am sure we have a game fair or horse show then, but will check with Allan (hubby) later as he will know for def.

I hope I dont have to use your services for my crowd but a hydrotherapy pool is a fantastic therapy

I also am glad there are places like GAL to help lurchers and greyhounds but unfortunately they wont home to us as we do some hunting and we have ferrets, its a pity as we love our dogs and they are treated like part of the family and not a tool....ask anyone who knows Pixel my poor ill treated starved lurcher Very Happy Wink

Do you have dogs of your own? or other pets, as you see me and Allan have plenty Very Happy
jackdeb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lara.

Welcome to the forum.

Your day sounds like fun. A lot to fit into 4 hours.

I new you would have an animal psychic.

Jack
laramoser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly! I guess I didn't mean the announcement to be about me (realistically most of you are a bit to far away to use my physio or hydro services anyway, also I did check with John as I didn't want to seem to be advertising the clinic on this forum which I don't think is appropriate) so much as to let everyone know there was going to be a fundraiser for GAL and lots of different doggy dispays, freebies etc. I know you get out and about a fair bit with your dogs, so as a one off I figured some of you might be lured over! I met some of you very briefly on Irvine beach quite a few months ago. You were just finishing a long walk.
As for the personal intro, I do have two rescue lurchery-mongrel girls who are gorgeous (I think) and embarassingly disobedient (a trainer I am not!), but good with kids and horses of which I also have two and three respectively. We usually end up on the beach most weekends.
I hope to meet some of you on the day. Do bring kids and dogs, and hopefully it will be a lovely sunny day!
Lara
Allan Campbell
Trainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi lara and welcome to the forum... i think i remember handing you a card that day on the beach at irvine ... glad to see you here Smile
Jakki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lara

Day out sounds fantastic, sadly I wont be able to make it as i have a full day on that day taking dogs on their holidays. i have lots of customers who would be very interested in the services can you send me some leaflets so i can hand them out.

thanks
Jakki

Mod Edit: Please use your pm facility to exchange address and telephone number details. It's for your own security.
laramoser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jakki,
Thank you so much for your offer. Unfortunately I am away on holiday tomorrow and have handed over all leafleting stuff to Linda from GAL (the Greyhound Awareness League). I will have leaflets posted to me for when I get back on the 16th, so I can send you some then (I don't know what the pm facility is, though. Someone will need to educate me as I'm new to this whole forum business), or you could contact Linda at GAL www.gal.org.uk who will be happy to send you as many as you like. You may end up fostering a greyhound, though.
Lara
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lara, the pm facility is the Private Message option. Below everyone's post there is a button with 'pm' on it. If you click on that it allows you to send a pm to that particular person.
It means it's a private conversation between you and the other member and not on the public forum. Smile

Hope that helps Wink
laramoser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: