Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
GSD attack today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: GSD attack today Reply with quote

Just found another disturbing newsclip while checking the weather.

GSD,s this time -not good.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090209/tuk-rampaging-dogs-attack-six-people-6323e80.html

Colin
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY upsetting to hear of yet another attack but we're going to be seeing A LOT more of this sort of thing. I don't wish to detract from the severity of what HAS happened BUT...... If it's a Staffie or a big powerful breed, even if it's only a nip or a growl it's going to be reported and don't expect it to be unbiased! It is going to make headlines as the Media are in a frenzy over this and they couldn't give a damn of the effect it will have upon decent dogs and their owners all over the country.

Welcome to my world - and the world my breed and forum members inhabit thanks to the Media. Evil or Very Mad

I have received support from some unexpected quarters and none from some expected quarters Sad

To ALL GSD owners who inhabit this forum, I feel for you because you ARE going to have people giving you and your dogs "dirty" mistrustful looks - hold your heads high - neither you nor your dogs have done anything to be ashamed of and don't allow other people's prejudices to make you to feel uneasy or less than proud of your dogs - I'd STILL cuddle every single last one of them! Wink

Stuff the Media and Stuff anyone that doesn't see the beauty, the love, the fun, the loyalty and the laughter our beautiful pooches give to us unreservedly every single day - NO-ONE will EVER make me stop loving my breed or having them in my home and heart! XXX
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here Jack,
Very well put !

Our dogs are here to stay no matter what, id like to see anyone take our Hek from us!!!

Colin
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Colin - it needed saying - and you know me - if owt needs saying - i'll be saying it! Wink Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't even get me started on how I would react if anyone DARED to try and take my tribe from me. There is NOTHING quite so evil as a woman wronged - especially a wee one! Cool
charlene

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said jack Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanks!! Very Happy
lynn
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to think these dogs were mistreated, you don't get dog's marauding and attacking people, in fact when did you ever see a lone dog wandering the streets ?? let alone two together, gsd's staffies cockapoos any type or no type, I love them all, the poor ones that go bad are down to the owners. Evil or Very Mad

Lynn
Ross/Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa/Colin wrote:
id like to see anyone take our Hek from us!!!

Colin

hmmm not sure how to read this...?
kendal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynn wrote:
I have to think these dogs were mistreated, you don't get dog's marauding and attacking people, in fact when did you ever see a lone dog wandering the streets ?? let alone two together, gsd's staffies cockapoos any type or no type, I love them all, the poor ones that go bad are down to the owners. Evil or Very Mad

Lynn

thank you for adding the cockapoo, i completely agree. my girls growl at innes because he sits on them or tries to hug them when they don't want to.he is so lucky they are so tolerant of him. we would never leave him alone with them(not that they would want us too they fallow as soon as wee leave) but i think thy know we would come down on the hard if they turned.

unfortunately Gypsy and Inca are barkers when off lead which can give off the wrong signal to people even though they are small they have a loud bark and there are three of them.

lynn
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my two inside out and trust them with my life, doesn't mean I would leave them with a child never mind a 3 and1/2 month old baby, who knows what sets a dog off?? baby cries dog panics trys to calm it Rolling Eyes big paws have done a lot of damage whilst trying to do good.

Lynn
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only would you NOT leave a 3 month old baby ALONE with 2 dogs - surely you wouldn't leave it in a crib ON THE FLOOR???

Everybody knows that dogs play with or eat whatever is left on the floor - that's a simple fact.

There is the STRONG possibility therefore that these dogs were simply playing - Terriers play tug with EVERYTHING and they shake EVERYTHING. Yes the "play", if that's what it was, went tragically and horrifically wrong but the dogs have paid the ultimate price for that - I only hope this serves as a harsh lesson to ANYONE who takes such risks themselves - for the sake of their children AND their pets! From the actions of the dogs after the event it certainly seems to me that it was play gone badly wrong - if a dog has turned it doesn't run it keeps attacking yet these 2 tried their best to get away from the scene and were easily rounded up by concerned neighbours. I'm just trying to put matters in perspective and offer an UNBIASED OPINION - I wasn't there so don't know it for fact but having seen a dog turn it is NOT my opinion that it would then run off if confronted - it just keeps on attacking - if it's in the Red Zone it is beyond reason!
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynn wrote:
I know my two inside out and trust them with my life, doesn't mean I would leave them with a child never mind a 3 and1/2 month old baby, who knows what sets a dog off?? baby cries dog panics trys to calm it Rolling Eyes big paws have done a lot of damage whilst trying to do good.

Lynn

Lynn - you've echoed my sentiments exactly - I know my 3 inside out and I too would trust them with MY life but I would never ever risk theirs OR a childs life by leaving them together unsupervised. It beggars belief that anyone would do it much less leave a baby on the floor!
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
lynn wrote:

Lynn

thank you for adding the cockapoo, i completely agree. my girls growl at innes because he sits on them or tries to hug them when they don't want to.he is so lucky they are so tolerant of him. we would never leave him alone with them(not that they would want us too they fallow as soon as wee leave) but i think thy know we would come down on the hard if they turned.

unfortunately Gypsy and Inca are barkers when off lead which can give off the wrong signal to people even though they are small they have a loud bark and there are three of them.

Good attitude kendal!!!

Bet everyone just smiles and laughs when yours bark off leash though - try having a Staffie that does that and guess what reaction you would get Evil or Very Mad Fortunately none of mine do, in fact they rarely bark at all unless the door goes at home and Sykes sets them off but they're easily quietened.

I'm gutted by what has happened this weekend but I am still immensely proud of MY babies and their behaviours. If anything I love them all the more now as the instinct to protect at ALL costs has hit home big style. They're MY babies and I'll be ensuring no harm whatsoever befalls them Cool
Gordon
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL dogs will bite in the right situation. Who knows what that situation will be and hopefully we never find out. But that is when dogs that are well trained have less chance of doing that than ones that are left to run about on their own.
I have mainly had border collies, but I did have a Staffie cross from the dogs trust. She was the most loving dog and most trusting dog I have ever known. We were out one day in the country for a long walk. She came across a yorkie and the yorkie bit her, so she pinned the dog. The other owner went mental. But it was his dog that bit ours. But because ours COULD have killed the yorkie, it was our fault.
We only took her back to the dogs trust as she couldn't be left alone without destroying the house, And I mean destroying. But I would have another in a second.
Bad owner create bad dogs. Not the other way around.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless ya Gordon!!! If you ever do get another Terrier, Staffie or otherwise I strongly recommend you invest in a crate as ALL terriers get bored and dig and shred - the ONLY way to keep your home intact is to crate when you are out. It works a dream and my 2 girls LOVE their little bedrooms Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: