Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Teething Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short while after the 'carpet' incident , we came home and as usual let the dogs out into the back garden........not realising that the window cleaner was up his ladder.......well Jasper started to climb the ladder to get to him, I was at full stretch go get him by the collar.......to say the window cleaner was in a panic was an understatement.....as I made apologies for the dog her blurted out that .....maybe I had been winding them up a bit when cleaning the windows!!!!!

That answered a lot of the behavior problems that dog had.........but by no means all of them Embarassed
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL makes me laugh.

I dont know if you remember meeting me John but I am TINY my friend has a GSD called Bud and when he stands paws on my shoulders he is taller than me. This dog I love, he really is the epitomy of silliness, everything the breed should probably not be but I swear he has one braincell and it is dedicated to love lol

I notice even looking at GSDs as a breed they are becoming more extreme some slopes on the topline I see are unreal. I dont know where you guys stand on that but its something I notice. I have always been an advocate for dogs remaining as natural or original as they can. Some dogs juts get more and more extreme...
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
yes some strange shapes appearing, some very sloping backs etc.........my pet hate is 'my GSD is MUCH bigger that that'.........case in point was a lovely natured GSD, Max, who used to come to class.....a full 8 inches taller than Diesel..........but at 18 months his joint problems were so bad that her could not go into the down position in class....it was too uncomfortable.
marcella

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see breeds left alone Laura .............. how they should be naturally. I think a lot of breeders are trying too hard for that 'perfect dog' and what they achieve is a dog with far more problems Sad

GSDs aren't naturally great big dogs and it annoys me when people think 'bigger is better' it just leaves them with hip and joint problems ........... it's a shame. Sad
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great guys, I have some pics of GSDs over the years slopes getting slopier if you know what I mean lol

What worries us is Staffords are becoming more extreme. The Bulldog struggles to cope in British heat, most cannot give birth naturally and most cannot mate naturally either then you have all the other problems on top and you wil pay £2K for the privellege. Staffords are heading that way I feel very strongly about it, every animal should be free whelping and mating. We go to a lot of shows and when you see Staffords collapsing in the heat, BRITISH HEAT, this is a bred that should fight for hours on end in our weather. Well it makes me real sad. If we stopped now there would be no bulldogs, etc.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gsd's are getting more extreme.....the Belgian Malinois is gaining popularity with police and 'working dog' (meaning protection dogs).
These are close to the way GSD's used to be.....I will post a vid of them in the video forum.
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsy's not to bad she likes her chews but Inca dos have a taste for wallpaper and the corner or our banister. but i don't think shes done that for a bit so she might have grown out of it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: