Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Staffordshire Bull Terriers - The Real Story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Video Clips of Our Pets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Staffordshire Bull Terriers - The Real Story. Reply with quote

A girl I know made this video, our breed comes in for a hard time and a lot of unnecessary negative press so I think this video sums them up so well (you may spot Cassy and Kip in there lol)

Link
marcella

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great video ............... it is appropriate not just to your breed but also to Rottweillers, GSDs, Dobermans etc too ...... or any other big breed that comes in for a hard time.

thanks for posting that Very Happy
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Laura........

Staffys seem to be the dog of choice for 'the wrong type of owner' at the moment.
It seems to go throught cycles.......GSD,Rotties, American Pit Bulls, Akitas..........and the list will go on Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately the wrong owner can ruin any dog and the breeds reputation!
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so true guys as long as I have been involved in this breed they have always attracted the wrong type of owner. Though in the minority they are usually seen as the standard kind of owner. The same goes with some of the dogs you mentioned, although I believe with the Stafford being so much smaller and easier to get you do see more of them in the wrong hands. There was a piece on This Morning the other day on whether Staffords should be added to the DDA I dont know if you saw it, unfortunately I didnt but that kind of press makes me so mad. Thankfully I cant see it happening what with the Kennel Club backing (them being one of their largest registered - in number - breeds each year) but still it doesnt help.
marcella

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the end of the day - any breed of dog can be a dangerous dog in the wrong hands. It's a pity some breeds are given the bigger chunk of bad press.
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree.
Deborah Hamilton
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with that too. It's a shame that the dogs have to suffer because of incompetent owners.
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true, I have been around various dogs all my life. I was brought up on a farm with working collies and somehow progressed to bullbreeds. In the years I have been around larger dogs and bull dogs I have only encountered one which I would have said was inherently "not there" or some would say bad. I have though encountered LOTS of owners who just didnt know what they had on the end of their lead.

I do help out with Stafford rescue now and again and some of the things you hear are unreal. I had a lady on the phone a few months back at her wits end with a one year old Stafford male. He was jumping on people, chewing, boisterous and generally being a bit unruly. After our conversation I found out he was locked in the hall for eight hours a day and walked for a half hour a day. I mentioned these dogs need at least 2 hours of hard exercise per day and are very dependany on human contact unlike some dogs which are not so human orientated, I understand folk have to work, but they were shocked. I mentioned rehoming if they didnt have the time to spend but unfortunatley that was not an option because he was "brown" and you dont see many around Rolling Eyes
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my two have such good temperaments its my 3 year old brother we need to watch, a couple of months ago he bit Gypsy's tale and she squealed but did nothing. which we were actually surprised at but very glad.

so far I've met only a small number of staffys since staring my summer job at the kennels but most are seem all talk from what i have seen and there are some you just cant help falling in love with. they are so sweet and just want attention like any other dog Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Video Clips of Our Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: