Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Odd little habits dogs do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maureenmcl
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Odd little habits dogs do? Reply with quote

One of my brothers has 2 retired greyhounds, one he has had for a few years but the other one he has had for about 6 months. She came from racing kennel and is quiet young . When my brother and his wife are out at work Tess will re arrange slippers and shoes in a semi circle around her. She never chews them just surrounds her bed with them Surprised Surprised

She definitely seems to have a personality all her own this got me thinking about other owners and little quirks there dogs do?

Guinness has a fascination with my carriage clock that has the rotating movement he can sit and stare at this for ages spooked us out at first as we couldnt work out what he was looking at Very Happy Very Happy
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty, the retired greyhound we had, used to take her teddy bear out with her for her pees in the morning Very Happy you should see a grown greyhound squating with a teddy bear hanging out of her mouth or at times what ever stuffy was available after teddy bear demise it was her duck. Very Happy

Scooby has to have a duvet to wrap himself in and you cant just cover him with it, he has to roll into it so it is all tight round him Very Happy
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixel shrugs her shoulder when she wants you to carry on petting her, you know how some dogs paw you when they want attention, well if she is lying down it seems to be too much effort to paw so her shoulder just shrugs Very Happy
Vikki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ella is a total rut and gets upset if things don't happen at the right time. Her most odd thing (that I've seen yet) is she will wait on the bottom of our bed until I get to the top of the stairs with Chris' coffee in a morning. Then as soon as I appear at the door she bounds onto Chris with her tail wagging like mad.
Jack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are brilliant!!!!

Especially love Misty's teddy and Ella's little waggy tail.

MY Ella sits up in begging position when she wants attention, tilts her head slightly, puts her ears back and give you THE seal pup face - if you are able to ignore her she follows this up with the softest and gentlest of taps on you as if saying.......PLEEEEEASE love me!!! Laughing I melt EVERY time.....unless she's in the bad books then I tell her to get down in as stern a voice as I can manage.

Rosie has developed this too.......only took about 5 years of watching her sister do it before she's got it sussed....not the brightest spark my Redhead Rolling Eyes Very Happy with her though as she's big and clumsy it's like a mini earthquake striking as she levers herself into position and like a punch off Tyson as she "taps" you for attention! Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sykes..........his daftest one is when he has his morning toilet - he's OBVIOUSLY STILL too tired to cock his leg so just stands there and kind of leans forward and then GRINS while he's doing it as if to say....."aaaaahh - I NEEDED that!" Very Happy
Vikki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I forgot about this one. She's sitting here in front of me now, waiting for me to go to bed, as it's past my bed time! Embarassed
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum tells me that Buster watches for the lollipop man outside our house and when he appears Buster runs into the hall and lies staring at the door waiting for me to come home from school
geri carroll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim & Geraldine wrote:
My mum tells me that Buster watches for the lollipop man outside our house and when he appears Buster runs into the hall and lies staring at the door waiting for me to come home from school

thats clever Laughing
graceb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote "Sykes..........his daftest one is when he has his morning toilet - he's OBVIOUSLY STILL too tired to cock his leg so just stands there and kind of leans forward and then GRINS while he's doing it as if to say....."aaaaahh - I NEEDED that!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I now have a mental Picture!
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote:

Sykes..........his daftest one is when he has his morning toilet - he's OBVIOUSLY STILL too tired to cock his leg so just stands there and kind of leans forward and then GRINS while he's doing it as if to say....."aaaaahh - I NEEDED that!" Very Happy

Laughing Laughing

Hek does a zoomy after a poo...you better watch out...poleaxed!!!

Lisa
shirley c

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maureen, That is hilarious what Tess does Laughing isnt it weird suppose as long as she isnt chewing them its fine, dont think greyhounds are bad chewers anyway are they? except as puppies, I may be wrong tho or just lucky the ones I know dont lol

Vikki, pixel and Scooby will do the bed time stare too if I stay up too late Very Happy

Jack, your lot sound hilarious Very Happy

Buster is a clever boy and knows school time is over Laughing

Lisa I can just imagine Hek doing a zoomy, get out the way!!!!! Laughing
maureenmcl
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just as I thought some really " good" quirky things our dogs do. Very Happy Very Happy

Shirley agree greyhounds are not much for chewing but Tess has definitely caused a bit of mayhem in my brothers house coming straight from kennel environment and into house had a few accidents but she is great now. Duke his older dog is I am afraid a bit accident prone like Pixel and has had numerous trips to vets luckily my other brother who trains and breeds dogs has a few therapeutic machines that can ease some of his aches and pains after trying to run like a pup. Tess can eat for Scotland and has had a few free treats that my sister in law did not intend her to get e.g. 2 fillet steaks and pack of sausages which she cunningly left the wrapper on Dukes bed so he would get the blame Laughing Laughing

My mother reminded me of her GSD she had a number of years ago who she would put him in an outside run during the day and he managed to find an escape route and disappear for about 30 minutes everyday at 12 o'clock. The mystery was solved when my mum met her neighbor on adjoining farm who told her prince showed up everyday for his "piece in jam" and then promptly left. He certainly knew a good thing when he saw it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need MORE of these - I'm LOVING them!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
shirley c

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing piece and jam, I love it Very Happy

Oh Pixel likes her food as you know, well twice...you think we would learn 1st time.....well twice got into the slow cooker 2nd time breaking the lid Rolling Eyes and eating a whole pot for 4 of chilli Twisted Evil oh and she was perfectly fine, im sure she has a cast iron tummy Very Happy
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That girl is soooooo food driven!

My first Staffie, Mitzi, used to LOVE Indian Baltis' and she never suffered any ill effects from eating them - this lot I have now would have the squits in seconds if I allowed them so much as a sniff Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: