Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
tonics or pick me ups advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: tonics or pick me ups advice Reply with quote

I feel my wee Pixel is needing something, she is still not really 100%, there is nothing I can put my finger on, she is just not her self at the moment.

Does anyone use or have used a supplement or anything for dogs, anything really homeopathic or otherwise.
Was going to ask the vet tomorrow when we go back for a check up, but may be more expensive, tho im not to worried of cost but just in case anyone here has something they know has worked for their dogs.

I know what works for one wont always be the one for another tho but worth a try
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor wee Pixel I hope someone can recommend something to put a spring in her step.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirl,

I swear by Vitapet, available from all pet stores. It's great for dogs that are beginning to age and show signs of slowing down, being under the weather or just needing a bit of a boost. It's an oil that you pour on their foods and has added vitamins to it. It has helped everyone I have recommended it to so give it a go and let us know how she is.xxxx

Here's some info:
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could give that a try. Need to go back to feeding the cod liver oil again, I used to feed it and have loads as I bought a 5 little tub for Jazz, but he wont eat his food with it in it Rolling Eyes little booger Twisted Evil so I have all that to use Laughing
maureenmcl
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shirley

How is Pixels tail hope she has improved. I was asking my brother about pick me up for greyhounds and he suggest collovet as a short term pick me up for Pixel.its not allowed to be used by racing dogs as has some trace caffeine in but he has found it great when treating recuperating dogs. Really see a difference after adding to food for a week.

Greyhounds have different blood % than normal breeds and hence when stressed or ill seem to need a little more help to get them back to full health.

Although sure if Jack has good success with Vitapet then this should work for Pixel.

Lets hope she is back to usual self in no time she has come through the mill lately.

Maureen
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may try the Collovet. Its good to get what other people have used and can recommend, tho I do know every dog is different, its good to know what may help

Meant to say Maureen, her tail is much better, still a lump underneath at the top, but she seems to be using it more or less normal now and can wag it too Smile
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news about her tail Shirley - whatever you try I hope it works immediately for her Smile Smile Smile Smile

Vitapet has worked a treat for every breed of dog I've recommended it to - hope if you try it it works for Pixel but I think it's brilliant people have all chipped in with other recommendations as there's not one thing that is guaranteed to work for all - once you find what works best then stick with it. HUGE get well kisses to her from me.xxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: