Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Please tell me he'll grow out of it!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire/Mark
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote:
Can't see who would object to that - it's water for chuffs sake!!!! Rolling Eyes

He was ignoring the "NO" I'm 100% with you on what you did - give him a shock from something that won't hurt him - Purrrrfect!!! Wink

Only thing is........some dogs LOVE those water guns and turn what WAS a deterrent into a HUGELY enjoyable game - BET you he does this just to pee you off! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I tried the water gun when Mylo used to eat and steal anything in site and in true Mylo style he loved the gun and thought it was a game Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I NOT surprised??? Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I defy you to stay mad for long at either of your beautiful pooches!!!
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ah know I was not surprised one bit, instead I just started playing with him no doubt my fault he is a spoiled wee handsome boy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was too much fun tho Very Happy
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are BOTH beautiful Claire and clearly much loved.....and you KNOW I am more than a little biased in my feelings about Tara - LOVE that girl - pass on some kisses from me would you? It's been a while since I sent her any. Wink

Got to ask.....is everything OK with her healthwise now? All nicely healed? And have you noticed her chilling out a little more now her hormones are settling?? Confused Smile
Gaelle

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEp I, too have tried the water scoosh trick but Cuthbert thought it was SUCH a good game Rolling Eyes I doubt Jack'll be surprised to hear that! Laughing Laughing It's not cruel at all , it's just diversion tactics to switch their attention to something else. If anything was cruel I and everyone else I know from the forum or classes would certainly NOT be doing it!
Good luck with the summer! Laughing Laughing
Sandra/David

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just glad to know ours is not the only garden that looks like the Time Team has dropped bye and started excavating, Molly obviously thinks its a game and just loves rolling around in the muck, she also has selective hearing and NO means nothing to her when she is on a mission. I do find it hard not to laugh at her antics,but will try the water spray and see how that goes.
Janis

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra/David wrote:
Just glad to know ours is not the only garden that looks like the Time Team has dropped bye and started excavating, Molly obviously thinks its a game and just loves rolling around in the muck, she also has selective hearing and NO means nothing to her when she is on a mission. I do find it hard not to laugh at her antics,but will try the water spray and see how that goes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry.to.laugh.....maybe.you.should.get.in.touch.and.offer.molly's.services!!!!!.....they.could.
do.with.a.mascot.....and.the.chap.in.the.colourful.jumpers....sorry.don't.know.his.name.could.match.with.his.dodgy.haircut!!!!
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa/Colin wrote:
I hope he will grow out of it!

I haven't had a digger dog thankfully, but Hektor HAS excavated a rather large crater out in our garden. Luckily it is under a tree so no chance of losing Laura down it!

He has only done that one and hopefully he wont add to the collection!

Lisa

The crater that Hek dug is a bit larger than Lisa gives it credit-its actually mother in law sized !!!! oops,thats me out the will now evil3

Glad to say he has stopped digging before he gave us a ready made swimming pool...

Colin
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

water gun worked with Otto and the bin when he was a puppy - but he had to think it was the bin and not me. Only had to do it twice and can leave him in the kitchen with bin untouched.

As for the digging, he only does it if next door kid leaves a ball near the fence - I put a spade and a plant pot in the 2 places and he's given up.

It's him vs my plants though. Cocked his leg on my clematis once too often and it's cacked it. I had to bring back huge rocks from Aberfoyle to put around my shrubs so they could grow large enough to withstand him or pot them and put them back. The garden is 2 years in now and just about pointer proof.

Just in time for another one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: