Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
changing to raw diet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine erskine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: changing to raw diet Reply with quote

Hi I've heard so much about this raw diet and interested in changing Angel's diet; but i wouldn't know where to start. How much would i give her, what would i give her and how often. she gets 495g of wet dry combined at the moment and only gets it once a day. she loves her veg especially carrot. how quickly should i change her over. can any one advise me on this.

Also i visited the class yesterday and registered Angel she coming next Sunday at 2pm but it was told about a natural treat that could be made to bring as treats to class but cannot remember how it was made. any help on this would be appreciated.

Elaine Smile
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the treat you are referring to "liver cake"?

SOme dogs need changing over slowly and others can adapt to it straightaway..

Landywoods foods come in 1lb bags (464g) I would start with one of these per day and then adjust it as necessary..(the dogs tend to get more nutrition from this sort of food so may need less)
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: liver cake Reply with quote

yes it was. its just that some one said thee was a recipe for it but if you can buy it in 1lb bags maybe I will give that a try first.

Elaine Smile
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elaine,

here is a link to the liver cake recipie http://www.cumbernaulddogtraining.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2653 ..........Janis makes it in batches if you can't stand the smell of making it yourself Laughing
At a training treat it is ideal, the dogs love it and it is soft and easily swallowed.

Have a trawl through the Feeding & Nitrition section on the forum.......there ais lots of advice on switching to with some good web links as well.

john
elaine erskine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that john i found some Internet sites and been reading up on it it sounds very good but want to do more research before i make my mind up, it seems very expensive so funding for me is an issue being a student and also with staying with parents storage also is a big issue as they only have a very small freezer fridge.I will have a word with janis and see if she could make some liver cake for me as I am not keen on the smell of liver but I could get used to it. see you sunday.

elaine
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.elaine.......i,invested,in,a,small.under,the.counter.freezer.from.the.snips.for.our.dog.food.from.landywoods.....we.have.3
medium.size.dogs.and.we.can.fill.our.freezer.for.all.three.for.around£20.for.the.month.....a.lot.cheaper.than.we.have.been.
able.to.feed.them.on.other.food!.....we.find.our.dogs.to.be.calmer.....though.still..active.less.scratching.glossy.coats.and.
bright.eyed!......our.youngest.has.been.on.raw.from.8.weeks.and.won't.look.at.anything.else.now!.......as.for.liver.cake.i.
make.plenty.for.both.thursday.and.sunday.classes....so.no.worries!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: