Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
tv special!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i most likely could not pick out an APBT and the same for any of the bull breeds along with other breeds, as the only bull breeds i have come across and met properly are those at the kennels. i also agree with you about the dogs being all waggy tailed and wanting to talk to any body who came along. also if the breed as a whole is so dangerous then why was that woman in the car able to push and pull that dog about when trying to hide her face and the dog dose nothing.

you are right i had not herd about the chiuaua attack but to be honest that was the first i had herd about the APBT being band in this country.

that is also a good point about asking what happened to nipper:?:

Laura i apologies for using you as an example if any of what i said was incorrect in my previous post.

Isabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't think I would have a dog bred for fighting anywhere near kids, is not worth the risk.
Isabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
When I have previously watched anything relating to dog fighting......certain groups of society seemed to be more involved than others..........and I am being very carefull how I word this!

Did this program mention anything regarding this?

I think the words you want are total scumbags Evil or Very Mad The law is not hard enough on them.
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch this programme. I couldn't watch it. Sad

They should oh I swore well have lumps knocked out them, the folk who are behind the fighting.
Lindy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch it either but have read a bit and watched some of these American Rescue shows that are always rescuing APBT and a lot of them seem balanced enough that the officers if they are banned in their state will take them into the next one to a rescue center to be rehomed. I don't have much experience of bull breeds apart form one close to us who is a Staffie, Dora is scared of him so barks at him so I keep her away as she winds him up, I know the girl who owns him and she is very responsible and openly admits he is a big brute of a dog he is really massive and if she feels that he is being aggressive she handles him appropriately, on the other hand her sister has a Staffie bitch and she is soooo lovely she was a rescue who had been bread on probably every season so had lots of problems, she isn't really interested in other dogs but just ignores them.

I' can't fathom how people can do this and watch these things happening and I know what you mean about it being certain sectors of society who tend to be more involved with this, I won't make any references on this site but I think I know who you are referring to John.

I'm slightly concerned about the stealing of dogs I often take my two to Condorrat main st and leave them outside the shops if I'm in the butchers or the Spar so I don't think I'll be doing that again.
Janice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't met many bull breeds but once knew someone involved with staffie rescue. She loved the dogs and always felt the problems came from the idiots who bought them not the dogs themselves.

However she did say they were aggressive towards other dogs so I'm always a bit wary when Dale wants to play with them. So far I've taken a deep breath and let him get on with it and he hasn't had any problems even with the APBT cross. Have we been lucky? I don't want to put him off but I don't want him hurt either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: