Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Stupid people!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Stupid people! Reply with quote

Ugh....had alfie in pets at home this afternoon getting some "sweeties". Was standing in queue when he did one of his loud yodelling yawns. Got disapproving look from this woman who obviously thought he was being viscious in some way and took her wee girl by the hand and dragged her away (oh yeah he was on lead and about 4 metres away from them)
Clearly he is an extremely dangerous dog ha ha!!

On a different note- any tips to stop him going mad trying to eat all the freshly cut grass?? It's driving him mad (and making him jump around like an idiot trying to get to it)??
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you mad, silly woman will wonder why her daughter is scared of dogs!
It would be nice to know why all the dogs are eating the grass just now Buster and his pal Bailey are like cattle munching away as we walk round the park. Buster's latest is to snap the heads of dandelions and eat them.
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh...big bad Alfie! Laughing

Met you yesterday at the school and he is a wee sweetie, he did really well with all the kids round about him.

Makes me so mad when people react like that, I've got to reel Laura in from trying to go up to every dog she sees Confused

Lisa
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He he if that was ur little one in front of u she did come over to say hi to alfie!!! Smile Walking past hundreds of kids is always a challenge cos he's so desperate to play!!! Think he was pretty much on the shortest lead poss yest!!
Today he's in bad books tho cos he just wanted to eat the lead and not walk....he's such a mischievous little pup at times!!
LynnD

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problem the other day. We walked past a neighbour and her kid. We were on the pavement and they were in their driveway. The kid went mad screaming and jumping up and down just cos Bailey ( a springer spaniel) walked past on her lead. Such a shame that these kids are growing up "hating" dogs.
Moira Lawson

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that used to drive me MAD when I had my Great Dane and my Rottweiler, both amiable giants whose biggest problem was how to fit on my knee. Both ambled along quite happily wondering what was wrong with the daft humans who picked their kids and or dogs up and crossed the street. Wish Glen would learn to amble, lol
Moira
heather n luke
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem when i walk skye and luke. everyone crosses the road apart from the young team who love them lol. and also when i was on the walk way the other day a woman picked up her 3 little dogs and make her two kids stand in at the side in the over growen weeds. i found it pretty amusing. and luke and skye i think thought they were the king of the walk way since the people were moving out the way for them haha
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is annoying isn't it??

Tho the way alfie has been acting with me yesterday and today everyone will be moving out his way. He's been a horribly badly behaved dog, barking and biting and eating his bed. It's like having a puppy again.....ugh. It's a hit one step forward, two steps back with alfie!!! Ha ha!!
Amanda Gillespie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problems just now with Max. A couple of the kids at my daughter's school are terrified of dogs and it causes major problems when I go to pick her up. Even though I always have Max on lead and reigned in close to me, they give us a wide berth. Because of their fear, most of the kids now think that Max is a 'dangerous' dog and don't come close to him. I'm surprised he's not got a complex!!
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find most kids are scared because their mum is scared. If the mum isn't, the kids tend not to be even if they're not dog lovers. And you can always tell the kids who have dogs themselves - totally not bothered.

Our neighbours' kids were very scared of our dogs, but it was because their mum was. However after one evening round our house, they all totally changed. The kids realised the dogs were good fun and my neighbour said "they're really just your family aren't they".

My neighbour will never be a dog lover, but I think one of her kids will be now. He has no fear with them. the older one is a bit wary, but will now clap them. Just as well seeing as Rudy did a runner into their house last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: