Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
People that make u mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynnD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: People that make u mad Reply with quote

I always walk bailey across broadwood loch around 6am. Usually this is a very pleasent walk. But this morning we met a woman with a large german sheperd on the lead. Well, bailey ran up to dog to say hello and the dog immediately growled at her. I made comment to the woman about bailey never learning. The woman gave me the dirtiest look ever and so I asked her what her problem was. Being that it was her dog that got all aggresive with mine. Bailey had made a sharp exit by now. She then went on about how selfish I was, cos my dog was off the lead and that I never thought about her back. I'm sorry but I didn't know this woman or her dog. Intact she called me a selfish COW. How about that for your morning walk? Was I in the wrong? I hadn't had a chance to call bailey back and when I did she came away.
amandawhitelaw
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it Lynn. I have had numerous run in with people however, there was no need for her language. Some people should just not have dogs.
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these kind of people just go through life permanently complaining about everything and never having a good word to say. I wouldn't worry about it. It's so annoying though, ruins an otherwise lovely walk!!!
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand where you are coming from their was no need for that language, and i have been in similar positions where my girls turn a corner and meet a dog or person before i get a chance to see the dog and call them back.

however she does have a point, she has her dog on lead because she knows her dog has an issue, Bailey ran up to him(no matter how friendly she is) that will have caused him to growl. so it would have been Bailey who made the dog growl. my girls have ran up to dog before and gotten barked at and even nipped, but it was my fault for not seeing the dog. one occasion the guy had even gone out of his way to keep his dog from mine by going up a hill, i did put the girls leads on as i didn't think they had seen the dog, but they did and ran up and got a nip that left no mark but gave Echo a fright. it was her fault for running up and getting in the dogs face and my fault for not catching her in time.

if i see someone coming towards me with a dog on lead i try to always catch my girls, as i don't know how the dog will react to my girls. if i don't get them in time at they do cause a reaction i apologies as if i had the dog most likely wouldn't have reacted. lol it also means i get a better reaction from the other owner.

as much as her reaction was uncalled for we still need to respect each other when walking. just like with humans you cant expect to get on with everyone you meat, so why should you expect the same from your dog or anyone other dog.

put yourself in her position, say you had to keep bailey on lead because she had issues with other dogs, and another dog ran up completely friendly but Bailey growled at it, would you say Bailey or the other dog had caused the situation to lead to a growl.

i hope you have a better walk tomorrow morning.

Trace
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you had a bad morning Lynn.

I've been on both sides - Bracken used to run up to all dogs, he didn't care if they were aggressive or playful all he wanted to do was play, and I've been told off for him not being on a lead. I used to think how dare they it's not my dog in the wrong. However since I've had JD my opinions have changed coz I'm faced with dogs off the lead many times when they run towards JD and he would growl, bark and lunge (doesn't do this much any more Smile) and I was left biting my tongue at the owner not calling their dog away. So I can see both sides.

Don't let it get to you.

trace
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have told you to recall your dog..

I have two large Malamutes and one is a rescue..she has issues with dogs off lead running up to her..(I will add she is ok with them IF she is offlead, but they don't get offlead in unenclosed area's)

So given that her dog was on a lead I think you should have held onto your dog..or recalled it back to you and walked past or shouted ahead "is your dog ok with others"..

IF her dog had attacked your off lead dog then YOU would have been in the wrong..as her dog was under control and on a lead..your's wasn't..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry, I didn't make it clear. We literally turned the corner onto path and met the dog straight away. I did call bailey as soon as I realised the other dog was not happy and she did come away. I had no probs with the dog growling at her, it was just the attitude of the owner that got me. I too have had a dog who was not good with other dogs but had to accept that other dogs would be off the lead in park areas and yes it was frustrating when dogs came running up to play. Anyway, if I meet the dog again or others like it, the lead will go on. Today is another day and a wet one at that Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: