Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Tia and toys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Tia and toys Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Just looking for any tips on toys, most of Tia`s cute puppy soft toys have been sent to the dolly hospital or worse...!!!!! so we have a few toys like a kong and rubber chews, but we are just wondering what you guys use ????

Alice Susan and Tia

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite lucky. Alfie still has all his toys. When I got him his old owner gave a little polar bear teddy with him and he still sleeps with it. He gives all his toys a good shake and chews them but he never destroys them thankfully. He loves his kong stuff, he has couple of different ones, he loves his rawhide chews as well but one long chew lasts him about a week! His favourite however is old plastic bottles (until he starts to chew bits off them then they get confiscated). He likes those thick rope toys too! I still tend to avoid the kinda flimsy looking toys just in case he ends up swallowing bits of them!
amandawhitelaw
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoda loves all toys. However, she really loves her educational toys. The ones you put the treats in and it is her job to work out how she gets them out. It also entertains us at the same time, Sad i know.
Margaret

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy also loves her toys and can get quite obsessive about some, so they're rationed. She also likes the educational ones, though I suspect its because she knows it involves treats! Her absolute favourite at the moment is a "babble ball" but she can get quite frenzied with it as (a) I got one big enough that she couldn't get it in her mouth (so it wouldn't get chewed up) and (b) when it moves it has voices saying various phrases and this drives her nuts! We also play hide and seek with a fabric retrieve toy - she smells it first and then sits in one room while I hide it in another. Sometimes it takes her ages to find it, and as she will never give up, I get some well deserved peace!
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly alfie's not that clever margaret!! Tried to do retrieve things but he just looks at me as if I'm mad and lies down!! he's not that treat orientated. He Honestly spends about 85% of his life asleep. I've never seen such a lazy dog!! (when he's not running away that is)
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of my girls are toy orientated Sad so I give them mentally challenging games like nina ottoson toys, a treat ball and Kongs which keeps them amused for a while. Best thing to keep my two busy are bones, they will be at them for hours. But neither of my two are destructive with toys. The only toy that lived through BenJay who was very destructive was the treat ball which he loved.
Margaret

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesley I often wish Lucy was a bit more like Alfie - she constantly challenges me (and my imagination) and definitely has a low boredom threshold (at the moment she's rattling the pup's crate trying to wake him up!) She was really interested in the activity course at class this week, so maybe that's the way to go.
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all,

Got Tia some toys today (sturdy ones) a good solid rope ball and a treat ball, but yeah like Alfie she is a lazy girl and when not trying my patience by digging the garden is almost always asleep, or maybe she is just practicing her down command.

See you all Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: