Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Puppy Food???????????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arlene (rambo)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Puppy Food??????????????????? Reply with quote

Hi

I just wanted to know what food is recommended. Rambo is a 5 month old Staffie. I find the instructions and details on the puppy food packs very confusing - prob just me!!! However i would like to know what others are on and also the amount of food and how many times a day other pups are getting fed.

I know i really need to weigh him as i think this is where my confusion is when reading the instructions especially when some foods are measured on their expected adult weight which i dont know either.

We started Rambo on Butchers Puppy (wet food) Foil trays (X3) with a mix of a little dry. I suppose just as a wee boost! He gets puppy milk too. We would like to keep it a mix of both wet and dry food. He seems like he can tolerate anything as tesco is sometimes out of stock and we have bought various others. Also recently i have been giving him random other things when iv'e been eating e.g rice krispies, half tin of tuna, oaty biscuits etc. Any advice on giving him cows milk - ive read up various things both good and bad??????

Please can you tell me what u are feeding your puppies. Thank you

Arlene
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We feed Tia on raw, just frozen mince from Asda, and add a few dried biscuits,..she is not fussed on tin dog food. We also give her cornflakes, tuna and pasta, scrabbled egg, chicken with boiled rice and carrots, cooked liver ... and the odd bone from the butchers., every couple of weeks wee give her carnation milk watered down, as sometimes too much milk will give them diarra ......the runs.

Tia weighs 2stone 6 lbs and I think at 5 months she was 2 stone , try looking up some of the staffy web sites and it gives you a guide of their typical weight ect ..

Rambo looks good and Tia was most impressed, see yo Tuesday at the puppy walk

Alice, Susan and Tia

kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys if your wanting to give your dogs milk make it goats milk as dogs and cats are lactose intolerant. apparently unpasteurized is better, but the super market stuff should be fine.

arlene (rambo)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replying Smile Roughly how much food and how often do you feed her???? c u 2mrw prob b there about 7.15pm. thanks
arlene (rambo)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for milk tip Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: