Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Harrington dried dog food

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Harrington dried dog food Reply with quote

John after our discussion about angus's skin infection I tried to get burns or James wellbeloved dried food. Asda etc don't stock it but they had a brand called harringtons which said contained no artificial additives etc which you recommended burn s and jwb for. It cost £ 6.49 for 6kg bag which I think is a lot cheaper than the other 2. I googles the brand and it seems to have a good reputation and many have likened it to quality of burns and jwb. I will let you know how Angus fairs on it.
heather n luke
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our dog had a very sensitive stomach and skin problems. we tried lots of diffrent hypoalergenic foods and we now use wainwrights, only pets at home stock it. and we have not had any problems on it. we buy the 15kilo bags and they cost 31 pound odds so its quite reasonable x
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie has a sensitive stomach in that he can't take chicken at all either in dog food or fresh chicken. He's not great with red meat either and we finally narrowed it down to fish based foods and at least we can now pick up his poo!!! He was on wainwright salmon & potato but went off it. He's now on wafcol salm & potato or White fish & corn usually with a tsp of tuna thru it and doing really well. Coat always nice, no gut issues now. Every so often I try something extra like some of our food but the end result not worth it so for now sticking to his food.
It's just a case of finding what suits him best. Can take a few wks on a new food to see any changes.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food allergies can be trial and error.....what works well for one dog can be a disaster for others.

Let us know how he gets on.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: