Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
i'm beginning to think its me not skye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heather n luke
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: i'm beginning to think its me not skye Reply with quote

recently i have been having a big issue with skye pulling towards other dogs, people, children, bikes. any thing that moves really. and because of this i am very nervous about letting her off the lead coz im scared that she will run upto some one and hurt them or scare them due to her size. i have been going up to our local forestry commission where you will only meet an odd person, which i know isnt good for her socialization, but it has improved her recall a lot.

so the other day i took her and luke down the football pitch to play about with a ball. i let her off as i was walking into the football pitch and when i got further in a noticed there was another dog playing fetch so i put her back on the lead. when i got in further i thought what the heck shes not vicious and shes good with other dogs so i let her off again, and to my amazment she never batted an eye lid, it was me who was the nervous wreck. so that gave me a bit of confidence, then yesterday i went up the foresty but it was busy with people walking, so normally i would have put her on the lead but i felt brave and again she never bother. she did not even attempt to run up to them.

i was gobbed smacked. im beginning to think its me who needs the training. there has been a few situation where she has taken me my amazement over the last week. i really think its me who has to chill aaaahhhh but its so difficult.
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just being responsible, your also used to having to watch what Luke was doing so you probably just expecting her to do the same things.

its not so much my lots size that i need to watch its that they are loud and they gang up, if one starts barking the others will fallow.

but your right you need to relax lol she is a good girl.

heather n luke
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ano today when we were out we walked round a wood land bit at the back of the housing estate and there are lots of cows in the fields where we usually walk and normally if the cows r there i wont let her off as sometime the cows will run up 2 the fence but today i did she never bothered at all when some of the cows mooed she stopped and had a good look then continued what she was originally doing. i think i need to trust her more. like u said im so used to luke, he would have been off like a shot trying to wrestle one of the to the ground. x
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean.....im glad you are getting better at not panicking.

I know its me a lot of the time with Luka, I expect him to jump so he does it but since building my
confidence a bit more lately it too is rubbing off onto him. Now Allan is much better and hopefully
once he is walking more, then come the new year he can do some walking with him to show him that
its not his job to protect me but Allans.....I hope Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: