Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
is he fussy or ill???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mum of rambo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: is he fussy or ill??????? Reply with quote

rambo for the last few months has been turning his nose up at his food ...... he was getting wainwright puppy dry food mixed with tins/foils of any make ie butchers etc wet food just to make it a bit less boring.

but after buying a huge supply of wainwright we could clearly see that he just wasnt that fussed about it. we took him to the vet, he was eating/pooing but with him not even eating half of the adviced daily amount we were concerned. The vet didnt seem that bothered and said as long as he was eating and pooing that it was ok.

we tried differnent dry (pets at home's own make) and again for a while he loved it but now he is turning his nose up at it???????????

since sunday he's only eaten half a days food. im trying not to give in and just give him wet?????

i tried the putting it away and bringing it back out but it doesnt matter. im just worried about him and please advise if i can do anything that might work?????????????????????????????

thanks for any ideas
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many times a day are you feeding him?

do you feel he is loosing weight?

dose he seem under the weather, lethargic etc?

some dogs just dont need to eat every day, i would try skipping a day every week no food or unnecessary treats, see if that makes a difference.

Gypsy can be fussy and was really bad for it a couple of years ago, i think she might be growing out of it now.

mum of rambo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

def NOT lethargic its 10.30pm and hes still playing with his ball!!! dont see him losing weight either??

he gets offered a breakfast and a dinner 8am and 8pm.

if he was just to get mince etc what do i need to add to his diet to ensure hes getting all the right stuff?????? prob a stupid question but what can he eat raw??????
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything mince, heart, kidney, tripe, liver(in moderation very rich and can give some dogs the runs), eggs bones chicken wings. because i don't always get the organ meat for my girls i give them a vitamin tablet most days and a cod liver oil i also save all eggshells from the eggs we use and crush them up for extra calcium.

i wold say as long as he isn't loosing weight and it isn't affecting him in excitement or energy then he is fine, if you see a change in him then there is a problem.

John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is not losing weight and he is not lethargic then it could simply be that he is getting enough. If he was hungry he would eat.

I would get him onto adult food.....puppy food could be contributing to his excitable behaviour.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: