Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Bad batch at grayshill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Bad batch at grayshill Reply with quote

Hi folks I've been feeding Huey on raw for a few months now and it's been going great. Yesterday I picked up a new batch of raw mince and straight away he turned his nose up at it. For those of you who know and love Huey this us unheard of. I ended up having to cook it to get him to eat.

Anyone had this before? Just wondered if there were anymore tips on getting him to eat the huge batch I just bought?

Thanks

Frankie
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this and have to ask kendal as she is the one that feeds our lot after i go to bed however i haven't heard say anything other than they scoff the lot!

i do know that they are incredible strict and stringent and have as much paperwork to do if it were to be for human consumption.

i too was there just last week but as i say so far so good. could it be that he is off colour in himself?

with my four, my eldest in particular is a bit picky, but we have even discovered that if she doesn't get a good run she won't eat as her body maybe telling her that she hasn't used up the energy or calories so therefore doesn't need to eat at that point.

see if anyone else has had this problem as i know a few folk on here buy from them.
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy refuses to eat unless her meat is frozen, she might pick at it if its defrosted but she wont eat it. so i just give them all frozen. i put 4. 300kg bags in the microwave for about 4 mins then brake up two of the bags into smaller chunks for Gypsy and Delta, the other 2 just get theirs in a block.

Gypsy can sometimes turn her nose up at chiken wings, i think their was one time she turned her nose up at the meat for a couple of days, the others were eating fine.

i remember i still had food leftover from the last place we ordered from and they wouldnt touch it.

Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's so not like him.

Ross went to get it yesterday morning and i got him to get a huge batch this time to save me going every fortnight. when i was transferring it into the portion bags i use i noticed it was alot more sloppy than usual and that it had loads of stringy bits of fat through it. Huey hasn't had any problems with fatty bits before, i give him the ends of of steaks etc when i, cooking for us. When i transfer the meat i let him lick the meat off the gloves i wear and he didn't want to lick them.

it was as if he couldn't chew it properly, i'll have a look at his teeth and gums i think. i gave him some chicken wings instead and he demolished them so don't know that it's his mouth.

After i cooked it and rendered the fat a bit he didn't have an issue. looks like i'm gonna be cooking mince till he's scoffed this lot.

thanks Janis and Kendal

Frankie x
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a load this morning..........I'll let you know if my two are not keen......would be a first though Laughing

john
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest it huey's back on the raw.

I think it was too fresh for him lol. the first big batch i had went straight into the fridge as he goes through it like no body's business. the rest i put into the freezer in batches. the first one I defrosted he ate in about 30 secs. Huey likes it frozen first....go figure!!!

Thank god! I'm gaging at the smell of cooked mince these days. Never thought I'd be glad to see oh I swore meat again.

Frankie
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear....as kendal has said previously our lot like their's slightly frozen too!!!
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha just thought id mention i didn't actually swear there lol i used the word for the stuff that pumps through our veins ha ha it was more of a descriptive Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: