Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
puppy info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GILLB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: puppy info Reply with quote

Hi my friend has 2 20wk old staffie/collie cross pups she cant get them house trained at all any suggestions, plus if she brought them to class would it be better to train them separately or together.
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eek siblings are hard work, she needs to get them spending time apart. walking separately, training separately. they need to learn to live independent of each other.

as for toilet training, does she crate them?. the main times a pup needs out is after a sleep, after eating/drinking and after playing. is their a certan part of the house they pee

i am strongly against breeders allowing two pups to go the the same home, are they boys or girls.

she will need to watch for bad separation anxiety (hence why she needs to get them used to being on their own )
or aggression towards each other, we have had a couple of horror stories at the class with sibling one owners ended up with her hands in a state when trying to split up he terrier brothers during a fight, i think at that point they were under a year old.

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Alfie I crated him at night/when not in. First thing I did when let him out crate was out in garden until peed ten praise and back in. After eating/playing did the same. In between times took him out every 45 mins or so for first wk or 2 til he got the hang of it. Kept him out until peed. If he didn't then let him back in and tried again half hr later or so.

Felt like I did nothing but wait on him to go but he was pretty much trained within a week other than an occasional accident.

With having the 2 of them, I would let them out on lead so they don't just go to play and ur able to reward each pup at right time. If not 2 people then maybe need to take them out one at a time.

2 pups = double the work!!!! Eek!
GILLB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx ive passed info onto her, they r 2 boys n she says they fight all the time and pee in kitchen even after been out, she hasnt got a crate as she cant afford one im gonna have a look about n see if i can get one for her or would she need 2 crates as they would probably just fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: