Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
tick again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: tick again Reply with quote

hi folks

we think Huey's had a tick again. we found one on the carpet on sat night which had gorged on someone.

we had both Huey and Snowy (brothers dog) up Croy hill on sat, so we think that's where it's come from.

i'm presuming it's come from him as it was found at the place he likes to lie. we gave him and snowy and good check and found nothing else. he was treated about a fortnight ago so i'm surprised.

i don't know whether i'm just being paranoid now but he seems a bit lethargic and sorry for himself. do you think i should take him to the vet for an antibiotic or are there any natural remedies i could try with him?

thanks

Frankie
David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: tick again Reply with quote

Huey's mum wrote:
hi folks

we think Huey's had a tick again. we found one on the carpet on sat night which had gorged on someone.

we had both Huey and Snowy (brothers dog) up Croy hill on sat, so we think that's where it's come from.

i'm presuming it's come from him as it was found at the place he likes to lie. we gave him and snowy and good check and found nothing else. he was treated about a fortnight ago so i'm surprised.

i don't know whether i'm just being paranoid now but he seems a bit lethargic and sorry for himself. do you think i should take him to the vet for an antibiotic or are there any natural remedies i could try with him?

thanks

Frankie

Hi,

How's Huey's doing now? Franklin has had a tick or two and they are usually nothing to worry about aslong as you don't take them off and leave the head in.

If he was treated recently with anti tick stuff you may find that the tick dropped off as it was being poisoned by the treatment so its doing its job.

I've had loads of ticks myself when I was a game keeper and they don't tend to drop off if they are full and just hand about until you remove them or the dog bites them off so it sounds like the anti tick treatment may have done its job.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Huey been treated with Frontline or the like? Well worth while doing.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: