Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janice
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Games Reply with quote

What indoor games do you all play?

Now the nights are darker I need some new ideas. Its only 8pm and we've played tug, fetch and hunt the ball( a good way to practise sit stays) I've gone through his repertoire of tricks and I've taught him to turn as opposed to spin. All this after 3 good walks and some training today. Why do I love collies?
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we always play the same game Janice ............... it's the lets lie down and go to sleep game! My boys are GREAT at it! Very Happy In fact they are so good at it that if you want to get in or out of a room and they are lying at the door, you have to push and shove them out of the way to get past!
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been busy, Janice! Very Happy

How about "touch"? Get a clicker, a target tick and lots of small treats. When he touches the tip of the stick with his nose, click and praise. After he's got the hang of it, add a word to it. Eventually, if he enjoys this, you could teach him to touch other things and possibly close doors!

Weave in between your legs! Great fun! Laughing

You could also get yourself a hula-hoop for him to jump through. Sit and stay, before being given the command to go "through" or "over" etc.

Have fun! Very Happy
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lie down and go to sleep game is a great game, Marcella! We're playing it just now, in fact! Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
The lie down and go to sleep game is a great game, Marcella! We're playing it just now, in fact! Laughing

Wink

Diesel is at trainers training with John tonight ............. meanwhile Murphy is lying just behind snoring!!!!!
Isabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and doogle like to play poker Laughing Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola I've got it wrong with the target stick Embarassed I put peanut butter on it to get him interested and now he tries to bite it every time it appears.
We've done shutting doors, weave walking, spins, rolling over, waving, creeping etc. I've even got him to go to bed and go to his mat in the livingroom but he looks at me as if to say 'now what?' And it is fun playing with Dale Laughing
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeso, Janice! Shocked I don't think there are any games left you to play! Laughing You could always see what he's like at Scrabble. Laughing

I think you should have a go at the sleepy-time game....surely you and he are both exhausted?! Wink Laughing
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing How about "speak"? I'm wary of this one as they may "speak" without command on a regular basis to get something they want, like a treat!
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a few doggie-dancing moves such as "reversing" round you? Bowing? Trotting? He's a collie.........he'll be able to do all of these no problem, I bet! Laughing

You could be the next Mary Ray and Mike could be Richard Curtis! Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he'll bow and go through my legs so I guess Dale could dance but me Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I've got two left feet. Poor Dale his dancing career blighted by an incompetent owner.
I just wish he'd do it all on Tuesday nights Confused
Janice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wary of teaching him to speak but do you know how i could get him to fetch the post ?
Lindy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeeso Janice I really think you need to play the sleepy game, both of mine are playing it just now, once we come in from our long evening walk and have tea and then it's quiet time. Here is a thought why don't you get Dale a pal to play with then you would get time to read a good book Very Happy
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
Well he'll bow and go through my legs so I guess Dale could dance but me Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I've got two left feet. Poor Dale his dancing career blighted by an incompetent owner.
I just wish he'd do it all on Tuesday nights Confused

Laughing

Dale the Dancing Dog....Got a ring to it, don't you think? Laughing You could always take dancing lessons, Janice, or maybe dale could just teach you?! Laughing Wink
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy wrote:
jeeso Janice I really think you need to play the sleepy game, both of mine are playing it just now, once we come in from our long evening walk and have tea and then it's quiet time. Here is a thought why don't you get Dale a pal to play with then you would get time to read a good book Very Happy

There's a thought, Janice.....Get Dale a pal! They would wrestle themselves into exhaustion..... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: