Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
i think iniky stink has a cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: i think iniky stink has a cold Reply with quote

Inca has been very sleepy today, just noticed tonight that her nose is dry and worm. so we think she has a cold, this would explain why she has been sneezing alot this week, she has always been a sneeze dog but this is all the time which is not normal for her.

marcella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy said tonight that Dora has a cold!!!!! Maybe is going around the dog world like germs go around school kids! Laughing

Hope she's better soon!!!!
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that is what is making me think she has a cold, will keep an eye on her. she ate her dinner, well the meet anyway and seems alert but still just wants to sleep.

thanks

marcella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you will look after her well Kendal .......... she'll be fighting fit in no time!
Fiona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star is loaded with it Kendal, runny nose and the sneezes.
Isabel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon doggies!!
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww poor wee babies, thay are all catching it Sad hope they are all better soon Smile
kirsty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon inca and all the other poor wee souls.
Lindy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendal

Both Dora and Ruby have the cold, I gave Dora a quarter of a paracetamol (125mg)last night to help her and she seemed to settle a bit better after that, she only went out to the loo three times yesterday and slept most of the day and night but was sniffiling and snottering all night, when I checked her this morning she was the same so gave her another dose of paracetamol and left her at home to sleep. Dogs can get similar doses of paracetamol as children lots of people give it to them in Calpol but as i didn't have any i just divided up a tablet and gave her it in a chicken slice as childrens paracetamol is just smaller doses than adults. Looks like the dog cold is making it's rounds
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: i think iniky stink has a cold Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
Inca has been very sleepy today, just noticed tonight that her nose is dry and worm. so we think she has a cold, this would explain why she has been sneezing alot this week, she has always been a sneeze dog but this is all the time which is not normal for her.

Sunday and Monday of last week we noticed Molly was sneezing now and again, and having the odd gagging/gasping for breath moments, too. She was not herself. We took her to the vet on Monday last week, and they gave us Metacam which I thought strange as that's used for joints and muscles, but I didn't question her as she should know her job, and there may be something beneficial for Molly in it.

I have always seen the same vet since we got Molly, 4 years ago, but because I wanted her seen to ASAP, the only vet availlable was the woman, so we just seen her.

I thought she would've just got an antibiotic and that would've been it, she'd have been fine.

Come last Friday, she was only slightly better and I wanted her seen to again as I wasn't happy with her. We managed to see the vet I wanted to see in the first place.

Molly's lungs and chest were clear, he said it could be an irritation in her throat or airways - her lymph glands were also slightly swollen. He prescribed Molly 5 days worth of antibiotics, which she started on Friday night.

They seem to have done the trick as she's much better now! Smile
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't quote me on this, but i'm sure if a dog has a warm, dry nose that can be just as healthy as a dog with a cold, wet nose - it depends on the temperature around them which determines if their nose is warm and dry or cold and wet! Smile
Mary
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird both Danny and Jack are sneezing and snorting a lot today!! No other effects as yet.
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary wrote:
That's weird both Danny and Jack are sneezing and snorting a lot today!! No other effects as yet.

Sounds the same as what Molly was experiencing. It was as if she was snoring when she was laying down, and when she stretched her head up (like when I do "two paws") you could hear a bit of snorting!
Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope all the dogs wit the cold get well soon.
Mine seem fine, fingers crossed. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: