Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Dodge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Dodge Reply with quote

Dodge was behaving very strangely last night.

LIndsay came home from work and dodge just kept chewing at his marrow bone never even looked at lindsay, just wagged his tail.

later lindsay had to go out and when he came back dodge again never greeted him.

lindsay later in the evening was trying to call him over for a rub, dodge normally loves this attention. he just lay where he was ignoring lindsay. When i spoke to him, his tail was wagging like mad, when I called him over he came right away, I sent him away from me over to lindsay and he just by-passed lindsay and lay down.

Lindsay got up to take them out for their last walk around 10pm, normally dodge runs to the front door in high excitement. he actually hung back in the livingroom doorway, tail wagging slightly but head bent - really really wierd, he did go with lindsay when he called him, but it seemed reluctantly.

Lindsay is really upset.

dodge behaving the way he was - left room for bob, who is normally shoved out of the way by dodge in the attention arena, to have loads of attention, which he was loving. Although Bob is the more dominant dog indoors, he just cant be bothered fighting for the attention and is often dunted out of the road by dodge.

Does anyone have a clue what that was all about - I think initially he did not want to leave his bone, then was he jealous of bob getting the attention? - I have never seen anything like it as in the house Dodge is always looking for loves and affection, I have never seen him ignoring anyone.

This morning he came into the bedroom as soon as he heard us stirring (they automatically know not to enter the bedroom before we wake or talk etc). He was nudging lindsay for a clap- he wont come round my side of the bed as the cat lies on my side of the bed - brave enough now not to move when she hears the boys coming into the room. So he seems to be ok now.
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like he was just more interested in his bone!
kirsty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Marcella, but why would he ingore him for the rest of the evening and not want to go out a walk with him - walk! were talking dodge here who would normally go with the devil himself if it would get him out.

anyway, why am i upset and trying to analyse a dog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I have never ever had a dog who would ignore me when i called it over for a cuddle Confused
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was obviously quite content and happy munching on his bone and didn't want to give it up.
I wouldn't look too deep into it ........................ stop over analysing it! Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty Don't worry. I'm sure dogs have moods just like us. Dale still hides under a chair or runs off in the garden when you pick up a lead. Anyone would think we were going to beat him up not take him out!
Fiona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star can be really funny with Stephen sometimes and if Stephen asks him to do something that he would normally do in a heart beat for me he runs off and hides in his create. Like you Janice you would think he was going to beat him up!
Lindy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty Dora does things like that too, generally loves attention but occasionally just ignores everyone in the house and goes to her bed in the kitchen and stays there, I suppose they just have moods like us and if they are in a bad mood with us for not looking at them, talking to them generally not doing something they wanted us to do or with the other dogs in the house then the go in the huff just like us. Don't think it's anything weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: