Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Mishka getting a little too big for her boots!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah Hamilton
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
Debby is this connected to her problem of being a bit clingy on the walks and becoming a wee bit afraid (or is it only Dodge she has become wary of) Shocked

Is she experiencing a change in her 'place' in the pack - both within the walks and at home. you know when people feel they are not in control of part of their world - they are over controlling in the situation where they can be. ie man bullied by wife at home can be a right sh!t to the people who work under him.

If Mishka is feeling bullied and scared on the walks, is she maybe just asserting her authority on a one to one because she feels she can. but what do I know. but she seems to be going through a real change.

Thats crossed my mind Kirsty but its how to tackle it before it develops into anything thats the problem. Robert does give her a correction but it is concerning as she has been so good in the past. Nothing bad at the moment but if its not nipped in the bud we can see it getting possibly worse.

P.S Its not just Dodge Laughing
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, Dora started that behaviour last year with certain dogs it was very hard to figure out but I have put it down to confidence, she is much better off the lead, I used the prong and it has corrected the problem. However it was not agression but more fear of other dogs and not having enough confidence on the lead, she still does it from time to time but is much better now. Much easier to control a small dog so I know you must be wanting to sort this quick. Come out a walk with our resident Mick (dog borstal) see if he can pin point it. Laughing
kirsty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

I know it must be concerning that she was so well behaved in the past. But really, I find I can only rely on the dogs behaviour on an incident to incident time scale, day to day. They can be great for weeks on end then wham I feel I am back to square one - I dont think we can ever take their good behaviour for granted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: