Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
my weight has hit a wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magz
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: my weight has hit a wall Reply with quote

I have been stuck now for months at the same weight and finding it really hard to shift the last 5 or so pounds to get me into my target weight for my height and build. Anyone got any tips for getting those extra pounds to shift?
linsey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret,

What weight loss plan are you doing?

Linsey
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

If you feel fine and you feel you look fine, why do you have do lose a minimal 5lbs?

I'm a good bit over the weight for my height but I feel fine and think I look ok, and to me, that's all that matters.

I eat what I want, i'm rarely tired and have no health problems. I walk for exercise.

However, if you feel you you have to lose those few pounds then I wish you luck, although perhaps if you're trying hard to shift it, and it's not budging, then maybe the weight that you're at now is just fine and you could maintain that weight? Just a thought. Smile

I'm fed up looking at stick insects and I, for one, don't have any desire to look this those from celebrity magazines! I have a big a!se and i'm proud of it! Laughing Wink

I, personally, don't see why people get so obsessed with being at a "target" weight, as long as you're healthy and happy, that's what matters most! My weight goes up and down by a few pounds from time to time, although it never goes past 10st 8lbs for some strange reason! Laughing (as far as I know!), only once has it done, and that was only by 1lb.
norma giannotti
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaller portions and more exercise. or a body wrap to lose a few inches before xmas. Norma
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for getting this far, Margaret - I know how important it will be to you to reach your target having got so close.

Norma's advice is good.

I have also heard that 5 or 6 small meals a day can help - worth a try anyway.

Good luck - a great achievement!
linsey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret,

For me the last 1/2 stone was quite tough, but I got there.

Still don't know what weight loss plan you are on... but there are some basics rules you can apply to give yourself and your weightloss a wee boost:

1. drink plenty of fluids - 2 litres - per day... try water with sugar free / no added sugar squash
2. limit carbs, esp processed carbs such as white bread and pasta, and also potatoes and bananas
3. up your fruit and veg intake - you should be getting a minimum 5 a day
4. If you are already exercising, try to take it up a level - ie if you are walking, see if you can walk a bit faster for the same length of time, to get your heart rate up... you aren't doing any more exercise, just working harder

You might want to also consider taking a note of what you eat on a daily basis, and be honest about it! Then you can look back and see if there is anywhere that you could improve. (That sneaky couple of biscuits at 11 with your cuppa for example! Smile )

Worked for me,

Good luck,

L
Lindy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip I would agree with Linsey I found the last 1/2 a stone the hardest also but I just kept to my Scottish Slimmers guide, upped my free foods such as veg and made stuff like veggie soups and casseroles so that I was having plenty to eat but not lots of carbs and processed rubbish, I was also very honest with myself and wrote down everything I ate and drank from a glass of wine to a bannana so I could count all the calories and fats I was eating. I have always been active and made sure that I was doing at least 30 mins every day of moderate to brisk exercise be it walking, cycling or gardening and housework I made sure I got it in. For me the hardest part has been keeping the weight off since I lost it all but thats been 2 1/2 years and 2 1/2 stone and i still keep all my Scottish Slimmers stuff out in the Kitchen I occasionally keep a food diary for a week to see what I'm eating and I still know the check content of most foods I cook, so it has formed a good habit in me that I will hopefully never get out the way of. Keep at it as it's worth the hard work.
Magz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think i should keep a diary and see where I am going wrong. wont be hard as I only eat 4 meals on rotation.
plus I dont drink alcohol or eat meat plus split my week into half solid half liquid diet due to stomach problems.
let you know how I get on Very Happy
will

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping a diary is a good idea. Do it for two weeks and calorie count everything you eat. I'd lessen the daily calorie intake to 20% less then the daily guideline amount, in your case 1600 calories a day.

But in saying that if you are going with the BMI for height/weight then I'll just say that is a load of mince. Doesn't take into consideration your natural frame, your muscle density or all the stuff that show us as healthy.
Emma*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you aren't eating enough Margaret? Confused Just a thought.
Magz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg this is such an old thread, I have given up on this and letting the weight come off gradually, I have a few more stones to lose according to the doctor but he would love everyone to be a size 0. The main thing i have to do now is stop smoking to prevent having another stroke and get my cholesterol down to a safe level, but its hard to do when you are on a liquid diet half the time. Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: