Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Teething and Diet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Teething and Diet Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Rufus is nearly through the worst of his teething, but there are still a few big ones at the back to come out, poor soul!

It seems to have affected his appetite a bit, which I suppose is normal. He has been leaving some of his breakfast and lunch, and just not wolfing it down the way he normally does.

I have given him a couple of scrambled eggs, but I don't like to do that too often in case it makes him think that he is going to get it every time he doesn't eat his kibble, as I am keen to keep him on JWB.

Just wanted to post to say is there anything special I should give him while he was teething, and do others have the same issues with eating at this time? He is very well in himself apart from this.

Thank you!
xxx
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give him an ice cube to play with Smile It will numb his wee gums and he'll have fun too! Another good thing is get a clean cloth, soak it in cold water and gently wring it out and tie it in a knot. Put it in the freezer until it's completely frozen and given him that to chew on!!!!!!!!
As for food, he will eat if he is hungry so don't worry. If he is eating some food then you have nothing to worry about. But I do agree that if you stray off his usual food too much he might enjoy it and want the JWB back in his bowl!!!!! Laughing
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Marcella, he loves Ice Cubes, and I didn't even think to give him one as a wee teething aid! Thank you!

He is hilarious with one, he chases it all over the room!
I am quite lucky with him, as he is not a fussy eater in general, but I do want him to stay that way! Schnauzer beards and wet food do not mix, lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: