Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Three dogs abandoned up a At Sassi Lassy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant they be taken to the dogs trust? they wont put a healthy animal to sleep?
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know where the local pound is . Danna has contacted more than one GSR and the innuit rescue - As you know having done rescue work yourself, this is the absolute worst time of the year, most rescues will not re-home at this time of year.

Though getting pictures may be an idea, but where could we post them? It is unlikely the inuit will be easily re homed as he has serious health problems. and both the male dogs are not young. What they need is a foster home until they can be re homed - with the understanding that it may be a long term foster.

Thanks Margaret, any ideas welcome.

Oh why cant all those folks determined to go out and get a puppy save one of these dogs instead - what a feelgood factor that would be
kirsty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzanne l wrote:
cant they be taken to the dogs trust? they wont put a healthy animal to sleep?

Suzanne, The dogs trust have no spaces at present and think it will be a month or so before they do - but I will phone them tomorrow.
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty - what do you mean by sandfly disease?? is it Leishmaniasis? Im a bit confused sorry!
Magz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will scout out a rescue all the local rescues plus even the ones further away too. will phone ena at second chance in fife in the morning see if she knows of anywhere with space too.
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive set a message around to all my workmates and also nurses at different practices around scotland.
kirsty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne, the dogs have come in from Spain, that is where they have been living. (they have pet passports) I have not been involved with the dogs - only became aware of them within the last couple of days when danna from the kennels called me looking for help from the German Shepherd rescue to rehome them.

This is all the information I have, and that the condition would be contagious in spain but not in the UK for whatever reason???

Pheobe.y may know more as she has been working with the dogs.
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes more sense kirsty!!! i was confused as we dont have that condition here to my knowledge! its a condition which occurs in warmer climates and is transmitted by the sandfly hence its name. its quite a horrible condition from my limited knowledge, causes skin lesions and problems with spleen! not nice at all. poor dog. not sure what the treatment is...
i'll keep asking around, the problem is in my work we always have loads of dogs needing homes, just now we have 3 in from dogs trust getting radiographs, a rottie puppy, a female grey lurcher and a JRT! Last week we had a patterdale, its neverending, but i will do my best.
kirsty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzanne l wrote:
that makes more sense kirsty!!! i was confused as we dont have that condition here to my knowledge! its a condition which occurs in warmer climates and is transmitted by the sandfly hence its name. its quite a horrible condition from my limited knowledge, causes skin lesions and problems with spleen! not nice at all. poor dog. not sure what the treatment is...
i'll keep asking around, the problem is in my work we always have loads of dogs needing homes, just now we have 3 in from dogs trust getting radiographs, a rottie puppy, a female grey lurcher and a JRT! Last week we had a patterdale, its neverending, but i will do my best.

Suzanne thanks so much.

I am going to make some calls first thing tomorrow before the walk and I have just spoken to Margaret and she is going to phone all her contacts as well - here's hoping between all of us we will be able to save these dogs.
kendal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Three dogs abandoned up a At Sassi Lassy Reply with quote

[quote="kirsty"]a mallimute 5 year old nuetered male - black and silver (who unfortunately has sandfly disease - not contagious but will be on medication for ever) poor lad will have little chance of being re homed due to cost
Quote:

[quote="kirsty"] It is unlikely the inuit will be easily re homed as he has serious health problems.

is it an inuit or a mallimute.

kerry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh im sad and angry at the same time when i read this post, poor dogs. i would love to have been able to help out, but dont have the right conditions(not sure thats the word I'm going for) to home another dog, or i would have seriously thought about looking after the malimute until a place was found for him, even with his health problems. but it wouldnt be fair on him, or to koda if we did. we have to try and escape the flat first Smile
Lindy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so sad I wish I could help but I don't have the space for a big dog in the flat along with the two wee ones, trying to think of a way round it and even if i housed it outside and walked it along with the other two Alan wouldn't agree to it. Pitty but I can see no way round it we just don't have the space inside and I couldn't take it to work along with my two as the cars not big enough. So sorry it would have been nice to help.
StuartW

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty / Phoebe.. are you certain the owner has deliberately abandoned the dogs? As Izzy said to me, seems a very strange way to go about it.. putting them in kennels rather than just going straight to a pound. And the owner took the time / expense to move them from Spain...

Not saying I'm doubting anything.. just curious.
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn´t online for a while Embarassed

Stuart, I took the dogs in and I had a very strange feeling when I did it. The man told me a story about splitting up from his wife, he gave us wrong contact details and everything. Further he gave me all the paperwork, passports and documents, though we usually just need the vaccination cards. Shocked
And we are still in contact with his wife and son, so they know where their dogs are, they just would have to go and collect them!!! Confused FOR FREE!!!

Suzanne, he needs to be medicated in form of tablets and occasionally injections for the rest of his live. Crying or Very sad I know he is a poor soul.

Kirsty, I wanted to say thank you for all your efforts. It´s nice to know that there are some people, who really have the power to help. Thanks! Very Happy

I can´t say often enough, how sad I am and how guilty I feel, if I would just have send him away ... but now it´s happened and I can´t do anything about it. Danna said that happens to every kennel at some point. It´s a shame, but some people rather pay a bit money, than to have the bollocks to bring the dogs to dogstrust or wherever.
Magz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we went to see these dogs today hubby fell in love the malumte Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: