Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Diesel & Murphy at the top of Aonach Mor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Diesel & Murphy at the top of Aonach Mor Reply with quote

These pics were taken at the top of Annoch Mor, near Fort William........right next to Ben Nevis.....we went up in the Gondola cable car (dogs go free!)............2 weeks before the cable car failed and crashed Crying or Very sad
Right in front of me is a sheer drop of several hundred feet..........but what a view!

Murphy swimming in Glen Coe on the same day

kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are fab, what a view/ i guess he likes to swim. my two love watter but i don't think iv taken them any where to see if the can swim. Confused
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a road quite close to this section of the river, and plenty of sheep around........hence he has his long line on......not worth taking any chances Very Happy
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the photo's - most shepherds just love the water. Was this a day trip or were you on holiday. Has anyone ever taken their dogs camping??????

We have never been camping ourselves, but I am planning to buy a tent this week - lots of good starter deals going around - we want to spend more time out doors with the two dogs, I was wondering how anyone got on? the raw food would be an issue, and Im thinking if they were wet, as they are most days at some points, would the tent be overpowered by the damp doggy smell? would they bark at every noise they heard? who knows! guess I will find out.
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Swimming Reply with quote

Buster's cousin Major has the same love of water - everytime she passes a river or pond she always accidentally falls in
Jim
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel & Murphy at the top of Annoch Mor Reply with quote

looks brilliant. What a view.
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning pictures. We are planning on heading up that way this weekend...weather and finances permitting!

Haven't even been camping with a dog before, but our youngest had his first camping trip at 6months? Alot of the campsites we go to allow dogs and they seem to manage okay.
You could use a cool box for the meat?
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kirsty,
sorry for the delay in replying.......it was just a day trip last summer....well worth the drive if the weather is good.
not an expensive day out, we all loved it. The view from the top of the Gondola ( cable car) was unbelievable, dogs go free but bcause of the deer/sheep etc. they ask that you keep them on leash .

Never been camping with the dogs......Marcella likes her comforts.
Cassandra is right maybe a cool box with plenty ice packs would work.....when you feed raw nothing else will do eh? Although you could buy fresh from local butchers?
Janice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the dogs will enjoy camping. I hope you do Laughing We've always stuck to a caravan. I like my comforts. Years ago we had a van with no fridge and used a cool box with ice packs. A lot of sites will freeze packs for you and its a good idea to set off with the meat frozen. It keeps fine for a few days. If we were buying meat when we were away I always tried to buy it frozen. It does keep longer that way.

Hope you have a great time. Smile
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the camping replies guys, I missed them and posted another item under 'camping'

I keep going back in to this topic to look at the picture of Murphy swimming - everything is so 'sharp' and the expression on his face is priceless - he looks so arrogant and pleased with himself.

In my humble opinion - the only dog I have ever seen that can do the 'looking down its nose at you' better than a German shepherd is an Afghan Hound (not even sure if that is how you spell it). I used to walk my previous dogs in the Abronhill side of Cumbernauld Glen, there was a chap there who had two amazing Afghans and they would look at my two as though to say 'ruffians, thugs' and the expression on my bitches face was pure 'damb hippies' - and the afgans would trot off with their long coats flowing and their noses in the air. They never played with each other, but every time they came accross each other they would have this exchange of body language. It was fantastic to watch.

I love how different breeds have different facial expressions - are dogs not just the greatest!!
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Robert is the same as far as liking his comforts too, so I can't believe how he has taken to our tourer. It is actually quite luxurious (as a caravan goes) You should try to persuade Marcella. It really is quite good fun. Very Happy
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those photographs are absolutley wonderful, this is my favourite of them all:

What camera do you use the detail and colour is fantastic. Gorgeous dogs too, I did say at the Forth Road Bridge I was not keen on hairy dogs but the little field spaniel pup soon put paid to that lol
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera used is a Sony 7.2MP Cybershot. it has been great, lithium battery so we just recharge it and go, 2GB memory card so there is plenty space for photos and video clips....plus it is small enough to fit in a pocket.
Laura
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John I had Sony Cybershot cameras for YEARS the first one I bought was 1.5mp Embarassed then we upgraded until the shutter speed became too slow. I loved the pictures it took, the quality was always above par just my dogs are like ferrets so I needed a quicker camera. Fab shots, gorgeous dogs.
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that's the same camera i have but i have never been good knowing the difference between anything computer or camera orientated
so i could be wrong Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: