Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Size Zero.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Size Zero. Reply with quote

I recently done an essay on size zero. As i was gathering information for it i was shocked to see the extremes some girls go to! Shocked

This bit really shocked me;

Furthermore, girls and young women are so committed to this diet that they are ready to take major risks and take medication to suppress there appetites.
“I learned that some of them take horse tranquilizers to suppress their appetites - such a dangerous step, it could kill them.”
Girls and young women are willing to take horse tranquillizers to stop them eating as much as they normally would. They must seriously want to achieve size zero. This is such an extreme step because if the horse tranquilizers are put in the wrong hands or too much is taken or injected it could kill them.

There was alot more information that i was shocked by, like some girls eating a single broccoli floret for lunch and a single cube of tuna for dinner! It's not right what these girls do! It should be stopped!
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's obscene ........... it's not even attractive! Confused My right leg is bigger than a size zero! Shocked
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is Marcella.

I mean some people can't help it but others they can but no they have to be super skinny! It's ridiculous! Prada and Gucci also stop selling clothes after a U.K size 10!! Shocked
Claire/Mark
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's terrible the lengths some people will go to, to loose weight and be size zero.... But some sort of pressure or pressure of the society they are living in or magazine etc must play some part in this for them to go to these extreme measures you would think that they also have some sort of mental health issues. Shocked
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it does, and 3/4 people in every 100 suffer anorexia!!
JayDee
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Size zero. Reply with quote

It really isn't pretty at all,
However It really is a psychological illness!! I studied eating disorders at uni, and one of our lecturers was a councellor. And she told us about one of her patients, this girl really believed she was fat... even at 5 stones and months from death she still thought she was overweight. The councellor put her hand against the girls and asked her who's hand is bigger the girl replied with no hesitation "mine". The councellor then asked the girl for her bracelet and said do you think it'll fit me? the girl reckoned it would be to big, the councellor put it on her thumb like a ring, but instead of the girl realising that her wrist was so small she believed that the bracelet had been switched in order to make her feel fat!!! And burst into tears!! Shocked And this is apparently an extreme but unfortunately not a rare case!! Shocked
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

I think i'd love to look into all this in detail land find out why people want to become this thin and what makes them think of doing it in the first place.

I just seen a bit of super fat vs. super skinny and Beoncye was on a diet of hot water, maple syrup and cajun pepper (think thats what it was called) for two weeks!! Shocked
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cayenne pepper .............. yeah I heard that before. Mental. Confused I'd love to have the willpower not to eat rubbish, but not to starve myself!
Ashley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
cayenne pepper .............. yeah I heard that before. Mental. Confused I'd love to have the willpower not to eat rubbish, but not to starve myself!

I'm watching Supersize vs Superskinny on channel 4 just now... they mentioned cayenne pepper, with maple syrup and lemon. Apparently it was some diet that Beyonce done Rolling Eyes
JayDee
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Size zero. Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the media and peer pressure will be the 2 main factors, although there are now programmes that are trying to redress the balance, Coleen's real women is quite good!! Embarassed Very Happy
Claire/Mark

I spoke to a councilor regarding the above about a family member, and they said it's almost like there eating disorder becomes there best friend and they are unwilling to loose there best friend and anything else anyone else says is going against what they believe is true and correct, she said it's almost like a different personality don't know how true all that is though. But it is so shocking what happens to these people mentally Sad
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

Thanks Marcella Embarassed

It would be good to be able to do that, but i suppose we all deserve a treat sometimes, but you don't need to go as far as eating nothing or eating rubbish all the time.

In our house my mum cooks meals and only like once or twice a month we'll have a bought dinner.
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Size zero. Reply with quote

JayDee wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the media and peer pressure will be the 2 main factors, although there are now programmes that are trying to redress the balance, Coleen's real women is quite good!! Embarassed Very Happy

Totally agree with you this programe is great a think it's brilliant what Coleen is doing with her programe. Very Happy
Elizabeth
Chatty Junior Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Size zero. Reply with quote

JayDee wrote:

Thats exactly what my information sheets said, i would never want to become that thin just because Victoria Beckham or any other celeb is like that or because my friends wanted me too!
Ashley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Size zero. Reply with quote

JayDee wrote:
Coleen's real women is quite good!! Embarassed Very Happy

I've got him well-trained!!! Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: