Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Probelm With Crying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire/Mark
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Probelm With Crying Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Yet another question for advice, due to Mylo been not well we gave him loads of attention cuddles and TLC as you do, but now we can't go out the front door or up the stairs without him crying non stop..... What do you suggest could try and calm it down a bit??? Confused
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your dog is ill it is very easy to forget pack order and mother them as you feel sorry for them.........Mylo will perceive this as a weakness and is acting up........he has moved up in the ranks and feels responsible for you again...I bet he is behaving similar to when I first met him?

If so time to get back to basics Wink

You all know what to do......
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
When your dog is ill it is very easy to forget pack order and mother them as you feel sorry for them.........Mylo will perceive this as a weakness and is acting up........he has moved up in the ranks and feels responsible for you again...I bet he is behaving similar to when I first met him?

If so time to get back to basics Wink

You all know what to do......

Yeah he is going back the way, not as bad mind you! but I did say to Mark I think we have done Mylo more harm than good by giving him too much TLC... Thought that's what you would say John, just wanted it confirmed, back to basics for us all. Thanks Very Happy
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to us after Otto was neutered - he was mollycoddled for a week, and also didn't get any exercise and he was very badly behaved and clingy

It got better very quickly once life went back to normal.

Though he has always whinged if left alone while we are in the house. Very annoying.
linsey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... I'm with you on that.

Leon is getting better and has now become a small fluffy four-legged horror!

Clearly being totally spoilt and mollycoddled for two weeks has turned him into a wee monster again!

I am not complaining though, as it is good just to see that sparkle back in his eyes, but he is getting his furry wee butt dragged back to class on Sunday!!!
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyyyeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............leon with attitude!...............that's the wee chap wee all know!
Isabel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Probelm With Crying Reply with quote

Claire/Mark wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Yet another question for advice, due to Mylo been not well we gave him loads of attention cuddles and TLC as you do, but now we can't go out the front door or up the stairs without him crying non stop..... What do you suggest could try and calm it down a bit??? Confused

Tell him to put a sock in it!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Bad joke I know (wouldn't have made it if he wasn't better Cool )
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Probelm With Crying Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
Claire/Mark wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Tell him to put a sock in it!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Bad joke I know (wouldn't have made it if he wasn't better Cool )

oh Izzy i think your spending to much time with Stuart Laughing Laughing

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda is a bit of a cryer at times, he goes and sits up the stairs and starts crying, but he has always been a moaner, i just ignore it, hard to when he seems to go on forever sometime, he mainly cries when the cats run by him, find that triggers him into his moany stage Sad
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Koda is a moan!!!!!!!!! He's a happy chappy and I love him to bits!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Probelm With Crying Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
Claire/Mark wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing wish I had thought of that joke first Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: