Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
dog v cat help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlene
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: dog v cat help!! Reply with quote

can any1 give me any advice, tips etc on how i can get oscar used 2 my cat without chasing her all the time and barking at her, shes really scared of him but she gets on with tina fine?? Rolling Eyes
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a toughie!!! Laughing We have never had a cat so I can't really advise. Every dog we've ever had has been a cat hater ....... !!! Confused
Robert Baskerville
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph is the same he HATES cats don't ask me why. My mother in law owns a cat and they both hate each other, the other day they met in the hall and Ralph went wild. The next thing I see the cat come strolling past with no sign of Ralph..... I think he felt the sharp side of her claws Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing yeah, my money would be on the cat 9/10!!!!
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing yeah, my money would be on the cat 9/10!!!!

Mark used to have a cat and Mylo would not leave her alone, he was like a wild man and poor Cleo never had a life with him Rolling Eyes So ended up my best friend who already had a cat took Cleo for us so that Mark can still see her and she is getting on great as long as we don't take Mylo to visit Laughing Laughing Laughing
brenda
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a cat, has taken Kaiser well over a year to leave her alone. Since we got Gizmo he has been a lot better with her. He is now more interested in him than the cat. Only advise I can give is perseverance, we used to supervise them when together, the cat always had a bolt hole to get away. We used to have Kaiser on a long line and let the cat walk about, constantly telling him to be gentle with her, all he wanted to do was play but the cat was having none of those lethal paws. Eventually the cat tended to stay upstairs and the dog downstairs but as I said earlier they can now all be in the same room and tolerate each other. Our cat has always lived with dogs and just wont use her claws, perhaps it would have been a quicker process if she had. I wish you good luck and don't give up, they should eventually settle.

Stevie
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had cat when we got Tala (sadly passed 3yrs ago) and cat ruled, she learned very early to be gentle or cat unleashed a combination Ali would've been proud of. All I can suggest is perseverance/training and hope they will settle down Smile
charlene

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks every1 Very Happy
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a cat(13) alongside Ollie (boxer 11yrs) and Hektor Great dane pup 6 months. Before Hek, Oll and Cat got on with a love/hate relationship. there would be fireworks one minute then 30 mins later they're curled up together. Hektor winds the cat (Ziggy) up as much as poss but so far the cat is 'top dog', keeping the big lump at bay. I guess its just a matter of perseverance, hopefully they will all learn to tolerate each other, with you as top banana.
kendal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our cats and dogs get on surprisingly well, the girls still wont let the cats eat out of there bowls like the used to (well Inca still dose but she has a soft spot for Murphy love7 cat that is not the big boy at the school, although in sure she loves him too Laughing )

i put it down to the fact that the cats are so used to Innes(4 year old brother) tormenting them that the dogs are the essayer option Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lisa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai is always chasing Abbie the cat but he knows better than to get too close. I used to worry that he'd hurt her as he's so big but realistically I think its more likely that Abbie would do him damage if he pushed her far enough. I still tell him off for chasing her but I don't worry as much as I used too. We got a dog gate for the bedroom that Abbie sleeps in so she can escape there if need be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: