Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Millie Acting Strange!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Millie Acting Strange!! Reply with quote

I know Millie acting strange isn't really anything unusual but..

Today and yesterday she has been acting really strange, we had moved her on to raw 2 weeks ago and was loving it, she was still getting a little JWB kibble in it just to use up the last of the bag but for the last few days she has been ignoring the raw and eating the JWB? Rolling Eyes

Before we came up to the Glen yesterday she was really letharagic but was fine when we were out except for being terrified! Laughing But when we got home she was the same really lethargic hardly moving didn't want to go to the toilet or a walk later on, I thought she might just have been tired but she is still like this today!!

Also last night she went to sleep on the floor while I was giving her a pet, normally when I get up to go into the other room she either looks up to see were I'm going or follows me, but she never moved after about 5 mins of walking by her and her not moving I started to get a little worried so I gave her a nudge she still never moved I gave her a shake and shouted on her and she opened her eyes!! She seemed fine but I'll tell you for that 15 seconds my heart was in my mouth!! Crying or Very sad I think she was just in a deep sleep but we all got a fright especially after the way she has been the last few days!! Shocked

I don't know wether to take her to the vets because I don't want to seem stupid if there is nothing wrong but I'm sure everyone else agrees that you know your dogs and you know when somethings not quite right! Sad

Nikki xx
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hektor slept ALL day on Saturday. He only got up to go out in the garden for the toilet then straight back to bed. Definitely not his usual bouncy self, he was eating but not mooching like he usually does. I was terrified when I found a large lump on one side of his neck late on Saturday night, but although the lump was still there on Sunday he was back to his normal looney self. Was at Vet today and got antibiotics but Vet cant say what the lump is or what could have caused it. To go back Friday and might need xrays or some other investigation. If I were you I would go with your instincts. Decide how long you are willing to leave her then make an appointment. The worst that you can feel is silly and if the vet is any good they will understand we all get neurotic about our dogs. I know I really am!
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Hector is OK Lisa.

Nikki - Millie may just have been tired and nothing more ....... keep an eye on her for a day or so and take her to the vet if you are still worried.
Don't be too concerned if she's just quieter than normal, could be her age too, she's growing up! There are days where mine are extremely quiet, most days they lie and sleep all the time except when they see me put my boots on and they know it's time for a walk. But when the weather is poor the snuggle up in their beds and sleep all day long and you wouldn't know they were here!!!!
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Hector is ok Lisa!

Forgot to add she was sick this morning but proceeded to eat her breakfast straight after ignorning the raw!! Rolling Eyes

She also slit her front paw yesterday, i think at the glen but its fine she's in no pain from it so I can't see it being that!!

I'm really confused!!
I hope your right Marcella! I haven't had a days peace and quiet in 5 months so I should be grateful, but now I have it I want my bouncy Millie back!! Embarassed Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she may be getting close to her first season Nikki ............. Question you know what us girls are like Rolling Eyes Smile

hopefully she's not taking that nasty bug that seems to be doing the rounds again. Keep an eye on her. Sad
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is suppose to be going into get spayed next week but I don't know if that will go ahead now or not, so it could be that!!

I just wish she would stop giving me those big puppy eyes all the time, she's making me feel awful!!! Laughing
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a growing up thing. Otto appears to be calming down too = he's now on adult food, has been neutered and the training classes are helping us with the pack stuff.

I think just after the madness of puppyhood it comes as a shock.

Mind you, Otto calm is probably still not exactly calm

Laughing
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it could be just that I will see how she is when I get home hopefully she will be ok!!

Nikki xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: