Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
JWB are doing wet food!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: JWB are doing wet food! Reply with quote

I just opened up a new sack of JWB for Rufus, and there was a wee pouch free inside it of their new wet food. I gave it to him and he LOVED it, lol, but his beard was so filthy!

Am contemplating giving him one pouch a day, it says to take 40g off their dried food allowance per pouch, so that would be 100g of kibble plus one pouch, split into two meals. I think he would like it, but I'm not joking, it stains his beard like you wouldn't imagine! Ah, decisions are never easy for me!

Anyone else tried this food? It looks very good atch, not like mushy dog food (I only have experience of Hills and Caesar, as what Ben the Yorkie gets) but more like little chunks of normal turkey with rice in a gravy!
Nikki
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was using it for Millie for a couple of months before she went on to Raw and she loved it never had any problems at all with it!!

It is quite hard to get I found so best ordering it on there website!! Millie seems to have gone off Raw just now and just wants JWB Kibble, and if this isn't a phase I will have no problems putting her back on the JWB pouches!!! Very Happy
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: JWB are doing wet food! Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
his beard was so filthy!

Ah, Susan, the joy of Schnauzers!!! Smile
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is staining his beard, what is in it?

though I know JWB is quality dog food
Deborah Hamilton
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
if it is staining his beard, what is in it?

though I know JWB is quality dog food

Kirsty, a lot of dog foods are very high in colourings and many dogs if they are getting used as show dogs have to stay off them. This was a dog breeder that told me that. The packets tell you on the label. It would scare you sometimes!! Shocked
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Enid! You must have years of experience of it - it is one of the reasons he is on dry food to start with! But seems a shame to deny him the yummy gravy for purely cosmetic reasons!

Kirsty, anthing that is 'wet' stains his beard really, (annoyingly!) I checked out the JWB website and it says that there are no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, so I don't think it was anything dodgy in the food which made it happen. (though that's false comfort really, I suppose that natural colours can probably stain worse than anything made in a factory!) He had a wee portion of roast beef on Nee'rday that did the same thing! It is just an occupational hazard of being a beardie weirdie schnauzer!

Thanks for the comments guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: