Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
bathroom rant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: bathroom rant Reply with quote

excuse me for this, but I am a tad annoyed.

The council are in the process of replacing the bathrooms. GREAT shame they couldn't have forwarned me before I moved in and spent a fortune tiling the bathroom Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, you get to choose the tiles and the flooring. THey started on Thursday, left us with just the toilet for the evening. Friday, put in a new toilet, bath and sink, spent the weekend with that and bare walls. No real hardship...annoying.
They took my old toilet seat without even asking me if I wanted it kept Evil or Very Mad

Yesterday the tiler turned up at 7.30am. Tiled the entire bathroom, was a nice fella which made up for the early wake up.

Today the joiner been and covered up all the gaps and they installed the new shower. The shower is PANTS. The one we had before was just a mixer shower but it was really powerful and had a massage function thingy on the shower head. This one is electri and I would be better standing under a watering can I could cry. This thing they put on my wall is horrible. My beautiful bathroom they destroyed it.

I heard they going to compensate for the inconvenience, I wonder if they going to compensate me for the toilet seat and crap shower.

They are coming tomorrow to finish a few bits off and clean up I trying to figure out how I don't go nuts at the gaffer.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't they give you a choice if you wanted it done or not? Confused

Electric showers are pants at the best of times. You're better with a mains shower, no only is there usually more water pressure, but they don't cost you to run them either!!!!!!!!

I'd be going mad too .........

at least the tiler was nice! Wink
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this something they are planing on doing to every one. because this is the first iv herd of it . Confused Sad
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got replacement sink and everything. I trying to find out if I can get a better electric system with a pump or something.

From an environmental perspective, the electric is cheaper to run cos obviously gas isn't renewable and we get our electric of the hydro plant down at Lanark Laughing .

As far as I am aware Kendal the council is planning on replacing kitchens AND bathrooms. Some of the houses on this street have already had their kitchens, but because our house is newer, we have to wait longer, I been told I will be contacted this year about the kitchen.

If you contact your local repairs and ask for the design services number, they should be able to let you know what schemes are planned for your area.

All in all it is a nice looking bathroom, I just desperate to get my bits and pieces up and a bit of colour in the sea of white!
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra my sympathy is with you. We paid thousands for a new kitchen........... BOTCHED JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thousands for a "heated" spec conservatory.......................................................BOTCHED JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to be the in thing with builders at the moment. Apologies if anyone is a decent builder.

We are petrified to replace the bathroom.

Crying or Very sad
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cassandra,

make the trip over to cumbernauld next week for the walk and de-stress.
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you should so do that,
you could carry Ash around if he didn't want to walk. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: