Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Jazzy pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Other Pet Discussion Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Shirley, I wish I had your confidence, Mags was pratting around yesterday and I ended up giving up and getting off! I am in a real 'low confidence' loop just now, I always think the worst of him, in reality he is just having a mini spook but in my head I think I'm not going to be able to pull him up and he will go haring around the school, won't be able to keep his balance and either one or both of us will fall! See, I have such an over active imagination!! lol! I am actually laughing at how ridiculous I sound!
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'm a bit like you Shirley although I don't get the chance to ride anymore I'd happily ride anything as I was thrown off so much when I was young it's hard to get me off now as I can tell what they are upto when they are messing about Very Happy God I miss it i just loved spending all day up at the horses farting about the stables and then going out for a couple of hours
Lorna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't ridden for years now. I feel I'm too heavy for most animals. I need a Clydesdale. When was wee I used to 'ride' a Clydesdale belonging to the farmer next door. He was so patient walking alongside. I thought I was on top- of the world. Thank you for reminding me of such a lovely memory.
Shirley you will make such wonderful memories as you work with Jazz.
Allan Campbell
Trainer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like clydesdales too lorna .. you gotta get up and "walk" to the edge before you can fall of ... Wink
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley, Just how much hard work is the hard work with ponies??? Does that make sense Shocked Shocked
shirley c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how you want to do it Debbie.

I keep Jazz at my friend farm, I dont pay to keep him there, but I do everything myself, I go down before going to work in the morning, I feed him, fix his rugs, then let him out and muck out his stable, leaving the bedding up against the sides, to dry and air, then after work I put his bed down, get his hay in, fill his water, sort his dinner and tomorrows breakfast and thats before I groom him, take him out walks or get him working about in the school, teaching him things.
Or my friend pays £80 per week and gets everything done for her, though she goes every night to let her daughter ride and checks if the horse needs anything

If im feeling ill, I still have to go and make sure he has feed, water and even a cleanish bed, though my friends mum will do it if I ask, we kind of work it between us in the morning, if she is out first she will feed them then turn them out, if im down 1st I will do Jazz and Sundance so we actually work it well between us. I sometimes muck out Sundance's bed at the weekend and do other things if she needs help, for free keep, its the least I can do Smile
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMMMMMMMM just as I thought..... a lot of work. Elise is desperate for a pony. Never mind another day maybe Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Other Pet Discussion Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: